cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move... Quoted speeds of 12mbps - 20mbps not near being hit.

adriang
Grafter

Re: House Move... Quoted speeds of 12mbps - 20mbps not near being hit.

Hey Adam
Yeah speeds been great.
I did notice one night (after midnight), at the weekend, the speed dropped back to 7Mbps for whatever reason. Was fine in the morning and haven't noticed it since.
Is it possible to update the IP profile page now to refelct my current exchange and speed, as it still says im at my old house which is incorrect, someone had said this may have caused the above issue. Not sure your thoughts on that?
Thanks for your help (and everyone else)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

as it still says im at my old house which is incorrect,

Where does it show your old address? I ask as your account is showing the new one from my point of view.
The speeds aren't dependent on the address its just a profile that needs to match up with the IP profile on BT's system. That's now been updated for you anyway. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adriang
Grafter

It is when i go to connection settings > high speed broadband in my member centre
The reason I say this is because a forum user pointed me to that page when i had a small drop in speed a few nights ago. I didn't think it mattered that much......
Postcode:
Phone exchange:
    WALTON ON THAMES
Estimated line speed:
    5Mb (This may vary between 3.5Mb and 7.5Mb) - Checked on 2011-01-29 02:11:33
Current line speed:
    15 Mb
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adriang,
It wont make any difference to the speed you get now. It should get updated soon though.
Jojo Smiley
adriang
Grafter

hi Jo
Yeah i thought as much as the thing is flying now with the one tiny blip. All good thanks for your help