cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Frustrations

mu24885

House Move Frustrations

Hello all,
Basically i moved house on the 6th of May, and its fair to say i have moved into the sticks, so when booking my move had to take the downgrade from fibre to standard adsl
After an initial delay i was told that the move was complete for my broadband yesterday, so plugged everything in, but nothing worked. I tried a few things in my knowledge with no luck, so called plusnet support.
They were next to useless, and just talked me through a reset and then blamed the router, which is less than 6 months old and was working fine up until a few weeks ago.
Now i believe the router is fine, i just think its setup is incorrect. Since the downgrade has taken place, obviously i no longer need the BT modem part of my original setup, my technicolor connects direct to the phone socket, with a microfilter to the DSL port. Usually my router wouldnt try and dial out so to speak, the BT modem did this, so i dont think it is even trying.
Does anybody have any ideas on how i can force it to make this change, so its not  just looking for the BT modem via ethernet?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8
kgk86
Grafter

Re: House Move Frustrations

I take it you are using the Technicolor.
It will need it's firmware changing to use ADSL rather than VDSL because as you pointed out, it's looking for service on the WAN ethernet port
mu24885

Is that quite easy to do? Would Plusnet support be able to talk me through, or am i better off being talked through it on here?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mu24885

Great stuff, thank you  Smiley
kgk86
Grafter

I'm just having a scout about for you. It should be quite easy to do but I cannot find the Plusnet ADSL firmware files at the moment.
Maybe someone from PN Staff can help out Wink
Firmware and tool Smiley
Edit: http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
kgk86
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/ explains it

Beat me to it  Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'm just picking this up now and I'll see if we can do anything remotely.
mu24885

Thank Chris - i have replied to your PM
and thanks guys