cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Failure

mcgerard
Grafter

House Move Failure

I have been a longstanding customer of Plusnet - more than 15 years. It is a long time since I have been on these forums and that is because  everything worked just fine.But I had to move house so I thought I would keep everything the same (BT line, Plusnet BB only) and then there would be less hassle and foul ups. How wrong.
I advised Plusnet on 10 Feb of the intended move and gave them the BT SIM number for the line transfer (same exchange, same number). OK, I didn't yet have the date from BT for the changeover, but I assumed as they had the SIM number, Plusnet would co-ordinate the activation at the new address.
On the 18th Feb I had an email from Plusnet saying they had to replace the order due to an error. I replied that I didn't understand and gave the date I then had for BT to make the changeover - 26 Feb. However BT messed up and didn't make the changeover until 1 Mar. I advised Plusnet the same day that the line was now active.
I called Plusnet support on 2 Mar and after a 30 minute hold (Didn't Plusnet claim award winning customer support?)
I was answered and Richard agreed the situation was unsatisfactory and contacted BT. He came back with the answer that a bridge case (whatever that is) had been raised and that this should be resolved in 48 hours. He also promised to phone back on 4 March. The broadband wasn't activated and Richard didn't phone back. On 5 Mar I phoned Plusnet again with another 30 minute hold and after investigation I was advised that BT had only told them the night before that a new order had to raised. Plusnet would do this but it would take 5 working days so the earliest would be 14 Mar.
This means a month to make the changeover. Why is it all so complicated and frustrating? Very very disappointed with the whole process and with the difficulty in contacting Plusnet.   
mcgerard