cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Failed

Retr0nut

House Move Failed

Like many other posts on here I swam to be another victim of a failed house move.

As I was moving from 2 properties into one and had s Plusnet service at both I had to pay over £100 to exit one contract and then was told that to move the other one needed an engineer at the new property at extra cost. To waiver this cost I was offered a 24m contract at an additional £7 p/m. Ordinarily I would have said no but when preparing for a stressful move I reluctantly agreed.

However, the stress just ended up being delayed as here I am 5 days after move date with no broadband and the communication from Plusnet us dire.

Apparently there was an issue in that BT couldn't progress their part as there was something outstanding from Plusnet which they missed.

I only found this out by calling them on that award winning UK customer service centre but don't get me started on that as it would need a while new thread.

A ticket was registered and then as per others it was put on hold as they said they would need to chase up and respond back to me with the target date for the service to go live within 24-48 hrs.

This time came and went so initially I updated my ticket requesting a response, nothing.

So next day (Sat) I contacted via chat and was told that the provisioning team were unavailable until Monday at 9am.

Then they had the cheek to send me a billing email for a service I cannot even use.

The worst thing is that even when they do finally get it back working I will probably be back to the regular rebooting ok the router again to restore speeds anywhere close to what I am paying for.

Now I am questioning why I didn'tt take the time to go with a new provider up front.

Either this gets sorted and a decent compensation is offered or I am  going to have to go to the Ombudsman.

1 REPLY 1
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: House Move Failed

Hi @Retr0nut

Thanks for getting in touch, I am very sorry for the delays you have experienced, I appreciate how frustrating this must be. Moving house is a stressful time and this should not be adding further worries for you.

As our suppliers are not available on a Sunday I have updated the ticket on your account so that we can contact them tomorrow to gain more information and provide you with an update.

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch and once again I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

- Warwick