cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible experience so far

Timhaines

Horrible experience so far

I've been a Plusnet customer for almost a month now, after switching from Sky, because of Plusnet's:

'Customer satisfaction'

...and their amazing £75 cashback offer.

My line became active on 7th of this month, and I've not even had an email with regards to claiming the cashback. Adding to this, last week, when I did attempt to contact customer service, I was put into a chat queue of roughly 30 people. I waited for roughly 2 hours, only for it to finally say that no one was available.

Moving on to the begging of this week, the network data transfer rate issues that I've been experiences since the lines been active, are becoming unbearable. It's been extremely intermittent, varying from bearable, to disgustingly bad. It's been so bad in fact, that even during off peak periods, I've been unable to load simple text based web pages.

So again, I try to use the web based customer service chat... Even though it's well within the bounds of their operation time, Its not available. So, I try the Phone in option. '30+ minute wait times'. Time passes, and I decide to try the online chat again... It's available but there's a queue of 40 people. I'll leave the chat window open, but I doubt that I'll get anywhere with it.

It's literally at the point where I'm having to use my mobile data connection to get my work done, and even though I paid for the line rental upfront, for the period of my contract, I'm considering just throwing that money away, and just going back to Sky. So that's my experience with Plus net, The worst ISP I've ever used.   

2 REPLIES 2
Nightrider_1uk

Re: Horrible experience so far

I'm afraid that sums it up. Plus net used to be great and i've not needed support for ages. However I now need support because my internet is down. However like you, call wait times ranging from 30 - 60 mins. Web chat not available or 30 - 42 people in front. AND no old fashion email to contact them with that I could see.

I left talk-Talk to come to Plusnet a few years ago. Looks like I could be moving on. Good luck in your quest for support

Timhaines

Re: Horrible experience so far

Thank you, you too!