Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest opinions please

Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Honest opinions please

Never changed from the above since the day I switched.
Can't comment on customer service as never needed them, but most answers are on here anyway.
Gerry.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Welcome back orico!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orico
Dabbler

why thank you, just need to wait for payday next week to sort, then hopefully can start the ball rolling and come back into the plusnet fold lol
Just want to check a couple of things, the first month payment is that right that is it due straight away or is it when plusnet take over the line?
and the supplied router, how good is it really, most of my connections are wired, ie pc, ps3, sky box etc, but i do have a tablet which i use round house, and my daughter has a pc attached wirelessly in the room above where the router is?
im only using the standard supplied sky router anyway not the sky hub , and that  works fine so will it be as good as that?
i read the bt home hubs work- is that true?
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Orico, I'll do my best to answer.
Quote from: orico
Just want to check a couple of things, the first month payment is that right that is it due straight away or is it when plusnet take over the line?

It's taken straight away, but we don't start counting the first month until both the service and your account are activated. Basically that means that while you do pay the first month up front, you won't pay for the second month until the service has been working for a full month Smiley
and the supplied router, how good is it really, most of my connections are wired, ie pc, ps3, sky box etc, but i do have a tablet which i use round house, and my daughter has a pc attached wirelessly in the room above where the router is?

There's differing reports. Most people have no issues, but it depends on how thick the walls/floor are among other things. You should be fine but if there are any issues we'd be more than happy to look into them for you.
im only using the standard supplied sky router anyway not the sky hub , and that  works fine so will it be as good as that?

Well, we supply the TG582n - not sure what Sky are sending (used to be a Netgear if I remember correctly) so there may be differences unless it's the same model.
i read the bt home hubs work- is that true?

Yes, they do Smiley
Hope that helps.
orico
Dabbler

Thanks alot, that is really helpful, yeah the sky is an old netgear dg934g router, not bad to be honest
pretty set to sort soon lol, one more question sorry lol
the bt homehub looks good to get though, not bad prices on ebay, is it the homehub 3 i would need to buy? and there are type a and b versions, does that matter
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You might find the Community Support Library article Using a BT Homehub 3 or 2 on Plusnet ADSL or FTTC of interest.
That covers which model to go for.
David
orico
Dabbler

Thats great, thanks alot
dick:quote