cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest opinions please

orico
Dabbler

Honest opinions please

I used to be a plusnet customer a good few years ago and i must admit they were a really good isp, no problems, i only changed due to price unfortunately to sky, while i havent had any problems with them i am looking at moving as i am now fibre enabled and want to take advantage of it
Sky have a silly 50 quid activation fee and only up to 40mb so i am looking around
and i have been drawn back here, to the fibre package at 19.99 per month unlimited, activation included
so im wondering from you plusnetters how does the service fare these days, specifically the fibre
any slowdowns, restrictions, is the customer service still as good as it was etc
21 REPLIES 21
orico
Dabbler

Re: Honest opinions please

that bad eh...  Shocked 
picbits
Rising Star

I moved from BE ADSL to Plusnet FTTC - they were the only supplier in my price range for FTTC who offered a static IP address.
I was expecting some problems but it all went perfectly. In fact it was BE who gave me the trouble with some dodgy "extra" billing.
I can't fault the service although you will find quite a few people with issues on these forums - the staff may also need a bit of a nudge now and again to chase things up but generally I'm 100% happy with what I get and what I pay for it.
picbits
Rising Star

P.s. there is around £40 cashback available through Topcashback or up to £70 through Quidco if that helps sway you Wink
orico
Dabbler

70 quid is a very good sway lol  Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I've been on fibre since last Oct, and unlimited since xmas.
Only slow downs are really from exchange congestion, e.g. weekends expect it to be a bit slower.
I can get a pretty constant 7MB/s down on my connection, no issues with too much data used etc.
offbeatdave
Grafter

Can't comment on the fibre part, but as far as customer service goes, I have been more and more impressed as time goes on to the point where now I cannot fault it. Yes, people have issues (and most on here will given that it is in the 'Help and Support' section) and sometimes rant and rave about them (I may even have done this in the beginning)  Embarrassed but I presume that this is a very small number compared to the number of users.
I always get the impression that it is possible to speak/correspond with a 'real person' with PN.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Only down with the fibre install is the router supplied. Budget to get a better one if you need wifi.
A HH3 will work fine.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I've also been on fibre since last October. The install was straightforward & the fibre works really well. The wireless side of the Thomson router isn't particularly good so I treated myself to an Asus RT-N56U.
The customer support continues to be brilliant.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Sorry I can't comment on fibre specifically as I have ADSL, however the customer service is top notch. The time and money I spent trying to explain issues to Indian call centre staff with my last ISP was horrendous. So if customer service is important to you, PN is a good choice.
orico
Dabbler

cheers for answers, good to know there still a good isp to deal with, will be given them some serious thought i think
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Can't complain about the professional approach that the guys have towards helping even the most difficult of people through problems. From support through to moderators, even in the most testing of situations, not forgetting the people that give relentlesly their own time to helping people through problems.
Top Jolly is the best way to explain Plusnet.
apjashley1
Grafter

Best ISP around. No slowing down of traffic or limits etc (only prioritising your own traffic so your Skype call isn't ruined by a torrent you're downloading at the same time).
Not had amazing customer service on the phone lines but the forum team cannot be faulted, they will bend over backwards for you.
dizzler
Dabbler

PN Fibre is excellent .... no issues since i switched last september . Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I was previously on Fibre Extra then switched to Fibre Unlimited, it has always met or exceeded expectations.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.