Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move

cheongster
Dabbler

Home move

Hi,
I'm moving house in about a weeks time and want to move plusnet with me (I hope i don't regret it!).
I have contacted BT and they have given me a order no. which they told me to give to plusnet for a same day transfer. I have looked at the plusnet housemove page and it doesn't give me any option to input this number. Also, they is no option to defer the 40 pound payment?
Any ideas?
Thanks
24 REPLIES 24
James
Grafter

Re: Home move

Hi there,
Unfortunately we do not allow multiple deferred activations to run simultaneously.  By this, I mean that we don't offer a deferred house move within 12 months of giving you a deferred activation.
Secondly, we would need at least 6 working days in order to instigate a simultaneous reprovide (where your broadband and telephone line get turned on on the same day).  It sounds (although not your fault!) that you might have left this a bit late.  What we would need to do in this case would be to cease your existing broadband service on the date that you are due to move and then place an order to provide you with service at your new address, which would take 5 working days.
That's under the assumption that you are keeping the same telephone number.  If your phone number is changing, then we would be able to place an order as soon as your telephone line is active.
cheongster
Dabbler

Hi,
My telephone number is changing.
Basically, I've asked BT to start/reactivate new telephone number on 31st Oct and cease my current number on same day.
So is there any way which i can get uninterrupted service?
James
Grafter

Unfortunately not.  we just wouldn't be able to get the order in in time.
There would be an interruption of roughly one week whilst we reorder your broadband service.
cheongster
Dabbler

How about if i activate the new number today. You could put the order in for the new flat today and it should be broadband enabled in 5 working days time. In the meantime, you could leave my current broadband active in my current flat active until the new one becomes live, thus no interruptions?
James
Grafter

Yes, absolutely.
If you could get that done and then send me the details I'll get the order placed as soon as possible.
I would need you to raise a ticket and also state that you are aware of the £40 charge that would come with the activation.
cheongster
Dabbler

Thanks Smiley
Can the 40quid be deferred as previously? i.e. if you stay 12 months then it gets wiped out?
Do you need the BT order number that BT cust services said I had to tell plusnet to bring my broadband over? If not, what the hell is it for?Huh
One final question is it possible to slightly overlap the broadband? i.e. I want broadband active in new flat on 31st Oct and cease broadband in current premises on 1st/2nd Nov?
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about the deferred activation as it is not possible to have two active deferred activations on an account.
The BT reference isn't required, this is only for simultaneous reprovides, which we've missed the boat on.
We can certainly arrange for there to be an overlap, depending on how soon we can get the order placed for you.
cheongster
Dabbler

Thanks for the speedy replies.
I just realised you said the same thing on deferred activations in your 1st post but didn't realise you were talking about the deferred payment!!
OK, will get onto BT now - will probably reply in a few hours after after waiting in a queue on the phone! Will the overlap cost money if it's for a extra day or so?
James
Grafter

No, I'll make sure that you're not charged extra.
You're more than welcome to email me (jbailey@plus.net) once you have raised a ticket so that I don't miss it!
cheongster
Dabbler

OK, that's all done. Raised ticket number is 23181388.
I have also emailed you to confirm this.
Thanks
James
Grafter

Thanks.  I've replied to your other ticket.
cheongster
Dabbler

Hi James,
I've just replied to your reply. Can you confirm what you have written is true?
James
Grafter

Hi,
I've replied to your reply to my reply.
I'm absolutely certain that I'm not lying.
cheongster
Dabbler

So that means that every house move ties you into a 12 month contract? I was definitely told differently last time Huh