Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move - No Service

FIXED
Ukratty75
Dabbler

Home move - No Service

Morning all,

I am in the process of moving house and moved my Plusnet service over to the new address back in September. I’ve finally unpacked our router and plugged it in this week to find no internet service at all at the property. Any suggestions as to where I can go to have someone look into this? I’m at work solid in the days/evenings so calling isn’t always possible.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Home move - No Service

Is there a dial tone on the phone when you plug a handset in?

If not, or if there's noise on the line report it here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ukratty75
Dabbler

I've checked the line and it's active, but no Internet service still. Any suggestions?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for getting back to us,

Testing your broadband your router is not in sync with the exchange. I would recommend following our broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net where you can complete the process to raise a fault to us.

Let us know once you have done this and I'll make sure the ticket is picked up as soon as possible.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ukratty75
Dabbler

Hi, I've run through the trouble shooter and submitted a form. Ticket should be live now to be picked up
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back in touch @Ukratty75

I'll take a look at your ticket tomorrow. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Testing your broadband I've detected a loop condition on your line, which can sometimes be caused by internal equipment.

I've updated your fault ticket with the next step.

Ukratty75
Dabbler

Hi Anoush, I've unplugged our equipment from the line
Ukratty75
Dabbler

Service now fully working! Thank you
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Glad to hear it, thanks for coming back to let us know!