Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Network Router Problem

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Home Network Router Problem

No, the router and it's not the factory reset, it's just a restart. Go to the Landing page and click on the task 5.1 Restart my Technicolor Gateway.at the bottom of the page, it'll prompt for login and then prompt for confirmation.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The account username I was given is a Plusnet account, so should be connecting via the Plusnet account details.
So..
Username: username@plusdsl.net
Password: Account password
Anotherone
Champion

Oh dear  Huh
Vix26
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
No, the router and it's not the factory reset, it's just a restart. Go to the Landing page and click on the task 5.1 Restart my Technicolor Gateway.at the bottom of the page, it'll prompt for login and then prompt for confirmation.

Sent PM with IP address.
Vix26
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
The account username I was given is a Plusnet account, so should be connecting via the Plusnet account details.
So..
Username: username@plusdsl.net
Password: Account password

Tried that before and it doesn't work. Have tried it again now but it is rejected as not valid.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks.
I'm going to PM you now.
Vix26
Grafter

Phew!! We are up and running!!
Thanks to everybody for your help.  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Great, what did the trick in the end?
You know your way round your 582n interface a bit now as well  Smiley
I hope you've saved those bookmarks for the landing & login pages, always handy if you need to check things quickly.
Later today/this evening,  I'll post you one for getting the full Stats should you every need to post those.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Woohoo Smiley
Vix26
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Great, what did the trick in the end?

The different username and password given to me by Chris Pettitt after the Router Reboot.

You know your way round your 582n interface a bit now as well  Smiley
I certainly do  Grin
I hope you've saved those bookmarks for the landing & login pages, always handy if you need to check things quickly.
I have
Later today/this evening,  I'll post you one for getting the full Stats should you every need to post those.

Very kind of you. Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry, ran out of steam last night
Try this for full line stats http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0 it will prompt you with the login screen first (unless already logged in of course) and similarly this one for full details of your PPP Internet connection http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/is/_pppoa_/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=2&name=Internet - you can use the Disconnect button (which then changes to Connect) to drop the session and "Gateway Hop".
A note of explanation - your "Broadband Connection" consists of your DSL Connection and your Internet or PPP connection the latter sometimes called a session.
The DSL Connection is between your socket and the exchange - the speed which you connect is often called the sync speed, connection rate or bandwidth.
The PPP Internet Connection is from the exchange via the back-haul network (BT's) until it gets to Plusnet's Gateways and then into their network.
HTH.
Vix26
Grafter

It's not over yet.
I have no problem with the internet connection on the Ethernet connected PC, but neither the Laptop nor the second PC show the Plusnet router in their lists of available wireless networks.
SORTED: Wifi Button on router not switched on!!