cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Hub 5 Help

kelvin
Grafter

Home Hub 5 Help

I hope I'm allowed to start a new thread about a problem I have been left with since my system went down almost 2 weeks ago.
I have used a BT Home Hub 5 for some months as wi fi is far superior to the Plusnet supplied router but it could not be used once I re-connected back to the internet.
The power light glows orange and the b below is also orange indicating broadband connection but no active account. I entered my details again (username@plusdsl.net and password) but the cursor simply goes back to the start of the username box.
Anybody any ideas how to fix?
I don't want to buy another as it seems to be working except that my account is not being recognised so is probably not a hardware fault. My initial fix did not last as all of details were not taken across when my connection was lifted and shifted (moved to another port in the green box) and I wonder if it is related to that
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Home Hub 5 Help

As you have started a new thread after appearing to suggest that the original thread be moved here I have locked it to prevent confusion
This was the original http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129743.0.html
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@kelvin - Is your connection ADSL or fibre? Do you have the router connected via the grey Broadband DSL port, or the red Broadband WAN port?
If you are on fibre and have the cable connected directly from the grey DSL port to the fibre socket, what happens if you connect the fibre modem, and connect the Hub 5 via the red WAN port to port LAN 1 on the fibre modem?
Devonian
Grafter

I did have a similar problem actually, and a factory reset solved it for me.
kelvin
Grafter

@Oldjim - Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for locking the previous thread
@Jaggies - I am on fibre and have the cable connected to the DSL port. I was hoping to stop using the modem so that I have just the one box in use. I will try connecting to the modem just to see if it works.
@Devonian - The factory reset did remove connection details but it would not accept my details and move onto the next step. I will try again if it worked for you.
I may be wrong but my experience with the first fix where my new port was not set up correctly suggests it may be related to that.
Devonian
Grafter

This maybe a silly suggestion, but are you sure your broadband is working?
When mine was down, I was unable to enter my login details.
kelvin
Grafter

@Devonian - The broadband light on my (Plusnet) modem is green, I am connecting to the internet and speedtest.net is showing download speed at 60 Mbps. I am even getting almost 30Mbps wi-fi tonight.
I will try again tomorrow but connection via wi-fi with the Plusnet modem has not left me fuming as they did last night