cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Hub 4 use on John Lewis

peeps
Dabbler

Home Hub 4 use on John Lewis

Hello - we're with John Lewis for our BB and phone (Plusnet network) I've bought a BT Home Hub 4 to try and see if I can improve our wi-fi throughout the house.
I currently have it on the standard Technicolour router with a repeater / extender for upstairs. Our Android devices don't like the extender very much - so bring in the Home Hub!
I can easily get to the Home Hub page and put my JL username and PW in - but the Hub doesn't like it. It then gives me the option of following "links" to a "non BT provider"  set up details page, where I can put them in again, but it still rejects them. My user name is in the form of <username>@john-lewis.com... maybe it's this?
Anyone managed to do this with a HH on John Lewis? Or Plusnet?
I have found stuff on the internet that suggests it should work, and also stuff to set it as a repeater, but I would prefer to do a stariaght swap and do away with the extender.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Home Hub 4 use on John Lewis

You'll find the instructions for using a HH4 with PN here:
http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/
But I think you already know what's in that link, your problem is finding the correct username / password.
Do you have a username / password for Plusnet's Member Centre?
If you have then I would try that.
peeps
Dabbler

No - I can't get logged in there... there's a drop-down list for Providers, but John Lewis isn't one of them Sad
My John Lewis user name and password are correct, I can see them in my existing router settings.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your formatting for the username should be username@john-lewis.com .
It's worth trying bt_test@startup_domain (with a password of test) to see if this authenticates too. Note, you will only be able to see www.bt.net/digitaldemo with that username.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team