Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High noise margin but slow sync speed

IanS
Dabbler

Re: High noise margin but slow sync speed

Hi JoJo
Sorry, I was being stupid. My router is now plugged in to the master (test) socket.
Thanks for all the assistance
Ian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok Ian, I'll give it a go.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Ian,
Some fun and games there. Although your account and everything else is showing 20CN after investigating further it turns out you are on ADSL2+ and as Barry suspected earlier it had been banded (he's a god! Barry, you're too good!) I've now applied for the banding to be removed so we'll see how it goes.
Jojo Smiley
IanS
Dabbler

Hi JoJo
Well, whatever you've done, it's certainly had the right effect!
Sync speed is now 11099, with a noise margin of 6dB, so a massive improvement. I guess I have to wait to see if it stays that way. Thanks so much for your help.
Ian
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Joanne
(he's a god! Barry, you're too good!)

Grin
Glad to hear that all seems better now, although it would make sense to continue monitoring your SNR margin and sync speed over the coming days.
B.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ian,
Looking good at the moment. I've just raised your profile to 9000k so you should see that shortly,
Jojo Smiley
IanS
Dabbler

Hi JoJo
It's all looking very good! Sync speed went up yesterday evening, I moved the router back to its normal position with no adverse effects on speed or noise margin. Powered off overnight, this morning sync speed up again to 12303. It's been stable so far, with Noise Margin virtually static at 6dB. I even recorded a download rate of over 12M using mybroadbandspeed.co.uk. So you seem to have achieved a miracle! I will continue to minitor it for a few days, but thanks again for all your help
Ian
Cool