Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Usage This Week

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

High Usage This Week

I'm approaching my 10 GB download limit and have been trying to watch my usage but I still managed over 1 GB yesterday.  Could this be because:

• My wife had a long conversation on Skype and this uses more bandwidth than it used to?

• Plusnet have not reset their clocks so think that 7am to 8 am (free) is 8am to 9am (charged)?

2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: High Usage This Week

It might be skype if it's a video chat, though the audio I believe uses very little bandwidth (about the same as streaming radio IIRC).
Your paid usage seems mostly web and streaming from looking at it, skype video traffic is classed as voip but isn't always picked up properly so it may be adding to the streaming total there.
I can assure you we did reset the clocks across our platform so it won't be the latter issue.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: High Usage This Week

Thanks Matt.  I've never noticed Skype Video make an impact before but perhaps newer versions of Skype are more bandwidth-hungry?  The other thought was a bit of a long-shot but I'm not a night-owl so I make quite a lot of use of the free time between 7am and 8 am; to download TV on the BBC iPlayer Desktop, for example.