cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Ping at 10:30AM December 5th

godsell4
Rising Star

High Ping at 10:30AM December 5th

I checked my TBB ping this morning and saw that it was higher then normal, it has jumped up at about 1030AM this morning.
Uptime on the router was +30 hours so it had not disconnected this morning. The red spike you see just after 11AM is me rebooting the router, the ping did not drop.
Did PN get a delta report for my line today?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: High Ping at 10:30AM December 5th

No, strangely we haven't processed one for your line in several months. Having a quick look now to see if I can spot anything obvious.
I see that the profile on our side is way too high, which might explain packet loss but not the sudden ping increase.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Would a change in gateways cause this?
Though the router shows an up time of 30+ hours (I suspect this is DSL up time) does it report up time for the PPP session separately?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

godsell4
Rising Star

When I posted the first message in this thread I was at work. When I got home last night I was told there had been a brown out in our area in the morning, apparently the house lights flckered for a second or two, but none of the clocks in the house reset or anything like that. Indeed the router did not reset as the uptime was showing +30 hours.
I fully rebooted the router again this morning, pulled out the power supply for 60s then replaced.
The ping on the TBB monitor is still high. It could be the connection at TBB is now high, but nothing on the TBB forums suggest this is a problem.
I am at a loss to explain this and am thinking the next stage is to get PN to reset the target SNR at the exchange. Thoughts anyone?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed