cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi can someone please take a look at ticket number 82086823

ARone
Grafter

Hi can someone please take a look at ticket number 82086823

Hi , been trying to contact support on phone but havent managed to get through after a few long waits so I have updated my ticket re: a provisional engineer call as I cannot make that date please see message and I will call in week to rearrange a date.
Did not know where else to put this
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hi can someone please take a look at ticket number 82086823

Hi, I've just had a look at this for you.
In order to cancel an engineer visit for a fault we can only do so by either arranging a new one or raising a fault, so my concern there is closing the fault and waiting until next week to arrange a new visit would put things back as we'd have to raise a new fault and wait to get that in the right status which will take a few days to do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ARone
Grafter

thank you Adam but this has been sorted unfortunately for us single people living alone can not always get time off work without it causing problems.
As BT require someone to be in it was not possible at that time even though I have been suffering both no phone or internet fo a while now intermittently they still would not call unless I was in even though this fault started after a storm and my master socket and line was fitted by bt themselves a few  years back that goes directly from my outside wall to the pole , inside wiring is the width of the brick  Smiley no extensions , last time too it was external
it is a shame that it can take a while for some of us the way things can be arranging time off due to them insisting on the user being in before they check the network despite new router , phone , filters direct into master , no extension etc all being tried on a line that has been great at a speed of 14meg with a very very clear phone line for at least 2 years with you meanwhile we have to then suffer without phone or broadband at times due to it being intermittent and an engineer wont call unless it shows up it doesnt show up when I call on phone as I had no connection until I could call  Crazy
At least I managed to call when line was noisy but it is as said a shame that it is so hard to get a callout to check line and  even if some of us can get the time off as happened 2 years ago it costs US  money , last time it was external fault that didnt need  anyone to be in.
Sorry for rant as said it wil hopefully be sorted soon as a member of your technical team have arranged a better date for me but I think from some there should be more understanding that some of us live alone and cannot always arrange time off work at the required hours especially if under a new contract these days , some of us dont have neighbors or family either that we can ask to sit in  , its also a little annoying if time off costs us money and the fault is outside or fixed without even a house visit as has happened al this puts extra cost on to a reasonable priced package  Smiley

Surely IF there have been storms and pits flooded (as has happened here) and neighbors have had intermittent problems too it would surely be easier to get an "external" check some how first if a customer cannot get time off work I understand its time and cost for openreach team but after all nobody reimburses us IF  it is external and we lose at least a days pay etc  Sad
Have to say I was happy with service again for last few years since 21cn and broadband was steady at 14mb phone clear it is now less than  a meg if it works at all and phone service noisy or not working at all at times it all points to external especially as I am direct into the master socket which goes straight to outside wall , no extensions , router and filter changes , new phone etc all done my end  and it is a shame really that openreach wont call unless someone can be  in in such circumstances especially after storms and floods , I do know that we have pits that fill up with water here with dodgy old connections as that has been problem in the past for both me and neighbors .
Surely there are times when it would benefit both plusnet and the customer relations etc for an external network check ?
I have no idea what happens with my own intermittent service IF  it is working fine when they call , could this carry on and on as when it goes down I cannot  even use a phone plugged directly into the master socket no faceplate with nothing else and have to call on mobile or not at all  ?  Cry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm sorry for the issues that you've facer and continue to face with the service.
We'd be more than happy to arrange for an engineer to carry out any external work that is required, but in this case it wasn't possible.
We run a line test from our side and if it comes back either NFF (No Fault Found) or locates a fault between your premises and the telephone pole, access will always be required. We do our best to work an appointment around you, however, we need to take engineer availability into account too.
I appreciate your comments though and have my fingers crossed for this issue being resolved on Saturday.