cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hh4 on plusnet connecting to motive servers? Drop sync

DanB

Hh4 on plusnet connecting to motive servers? Drop sync

Until recently I used Plusnet's technicolor router, and despite having a long line, achieved a rock solid line often with no drops in DSL for up to 90 days. I was syncing at 11,600 ish and getting about 9 Mbps. The snm would sometimes drop as low as 1 but the router would hang on for dear life.
Wifi congestion in my apartment block encouraged me to go for an old hh4 type b in a bid to use 5ghz wifi and get round the problem of congestion.
I was impressed initially but sadly the hh4 just keeps on dropping the DSL every few days. Sometimes multiple times a day.
(1218393.390000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request
I AM NOT DROPPING THE SESSION!? It's remote management.
I've checked bt maintenance and it's not that. I was initially worried that the chipset just can't hang on as well as the technicolor. However, the logs on the home hub point to remote management causing the rooter to resync. There is no pattern to this but obviously when it chooses to do it when there is high noise I get a lower sync. When you are still on adsl2+ you try to squeeze every last drop out the line! I'm worried all the drops are causing DLM.

I was confused to see that the ACS is that nasty motive bt server. Are motive managing homehubs through the plusnet network?
(86438.470000) CWMP: session completed successfully
23:41:14, 10 Oct. (86437.920000) CWMP: HTTP authentication success from https://pbthdm.bt.mo
23:41:12, 10 Oct. (86435.690000) CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
23:41:12, 10 Oct. (86435.680000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '6 CONNECTION REQUEST,4 VALUE CHANGE'
23:41:11, 10 Oct. (86434.430000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 6 CONNECTION REQUEST
23:41:08, 10 Oct. (86431.210000) CWMP: session completed successfully
23:41:07, 10 Oct. (86430.980000) CWMP: HTTP authentication success from https://pbthdm.bt.mo
23:41:03, 10 Oct. (86426.870000) CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
23:41:03, 10 Oct. (86426.860000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '2 PERIODIC,4 VALUE CHANGE'

Why/How does the homehub connect to the BT ACS all the time and sometimes cause a drop in sync when it hasn't even changed any config or firmware? 

I know from reading the forums for support in the past, you guys are extremely knowledgable so someone on here might know what is going on.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hh4 on plusnet connecting to motive servers? Drop sync

I'm worried all the drops are causing DLM

Hi there,
Glad to say it doesn't look like it, we see a 72+hr connection and the speed profile remains at 9200 at present.
If there's any other info you might need from our side just give us a shout and I hope you get the info about the HH4 tat you're looking for.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DanB

Re: Hh4 on plusnet connecting to motive servers? Drop sync

Just to update on this as I realise it is a long time since I posted this and it might help others.
In short there is clearly an issue with the type A hh4 that causes this strange dropping PPP behaviour after TR069 and it can subsequently cause resyncs. Bt forums strongly deny this but other users have the same experience. Bt mods are deleting posts that criticise the type a as it is 'confusing for customers that also have line faults' - while I see where they are coming from it smacks of cover up to me and explains why type b was brought out.
I must stress at this point the hh4 type B does not demonstrate this behaviour in my experience on another line and is a rock solid modem/router for the price.
Anyway the best solution I have come up for my setup is that I put the technicolor back on and the sync went back up and has been stable for 50 odd days - not a single drop of sync or PPP - says it all really.  I know some people hate this modem/router but in my experience it is the best chipset for my line. I then connected Ethernet from technicolor to hh4 lan port (not the wan port) and the use hh4 as an AC  wireless access point(just taped up the stupid Orange flashing lights)  and technicolor as an Adsl modem and DHCP with wifi disabled.
Hope this helps somebody out.