cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Guys! Do I get a Router from yourselves?

Bagelqueen1

Hey Guys! Do I get a Router from yourselves?

Hi Smiley First of all, Plusnet, thankx for having this forum, a fab idea in my eyes, well done Cool Grin
well my problem is this: My broadband has been succsefully completed, but I have not recieved a router Cry 
1) Do I have to order one from Plusnet?
2) Can I use one I already have?
3) what costs are involved?
I am using my trusted dongle right now, but I dont fancy topping it up for £15 then not using it for the month....I am not tight, just skint most of time Cheesy
Look forward to a response, I really have not got a clue what I am doing! Roll_eyes I really dont mind what you suggest as long as it gets me on the broadband road Cool
25 REPLIES 25
cartman
Grafter

Re: Hey Guys! Do I get a Router from yourselves?

Hi, Welcome to the forum ;), I`m sure support will answer soon.
Yes you can use your old one silly :P.
Did you recevied an email with your setup details? heres a link to the welcome pack
http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/welcome_pack.pdf
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can have a router for £4.99 postage and its free provided that you stay a year, there is a fee for it if you leave earlier, takes about three days to arrive, keep your eyes out here as the people involved only work office hours.
what router do you currenlt have, I am sure one of the other non staff people will help you set it up
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The only way using your previous router will cause difficulties will be if it is locked to your previous supplier. 99% of the time it's just a case of changing the username and password.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bagelqueen1,
Welcome to the forum. We did actually send you a router, it should be there today, tomorrow at the latest.
Jojo Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

I don't suppose that you can backdate a request can you?
I purchased my own wireless router (BT Voyager 2100) back in 2004 when I changed from dial-up to broadband, and so have never had a router from Force9/Plusnet.
When it died recently, I borrowed a router from someone who had a spare having changed providers. It would be really good to be eligible for a Plusnet one - then I can return the borrowed one.
Is that possible?
Tony
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Tony W,
I can arrange for a router, just 4.99 P&P and free if you don't leave within 12 months.
Jojo Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for the speedy reply.
I have been with Force9/Plusnet since 1997, I can't imagine leaving any time soon.
Do I need to put in a ticket, or can you arrange it? Can I assume that the £4.99 will just be added to October's account charges?
Tony W
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Tony W,
DD is just for subscription payments. I could do it if you had a card registered on the account, which you can do here or I could ring you and take the payment if you like?
Jojo Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Please could you give me a ring and take the payment - it seems quickest.
Thanks,
Tony
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

hi Tony,
Nice chatting to you, That's all done now and the router has been ordered, card removed.
Jojo Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
It was nice chatting to you too.
Thanks for all of your help.
Tony
Bagelqueen1

Quote from: cartman
Hi, Welcome to the forum ;), I`m sure support will answer soon.
Yes you can use your old one silly :P.
Did you recevied an email with your setup details? heres a link to the welcome pack
http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/welcome_pack.pdf

No I aint silly Cheesy silly is when I do not ask questions and try to set something up, which I know nowt about.... Wink thanks everso for the link..will have a look now
Bagelqueen1

Quote from: Joanne
Hi Bagelqueen1,
Welcome to the forum. We did actually send you a router, it should be there today, tomorrow at the latest.
Jojo Smiley

hey Grin thankyou for the info...am working long shifts all weekend so hopefully my dear neighbour will take in for me, she loves watching my comings and goings, so she will love that! She is 92 and a blessing to me...thanku everyone else for your replies, I have taken heed Kiss 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The router supplied should auto set up when you plug it in, in the box is a sheet with all the instruction, make sure you read that first, it also tells you about your router security password, that you need to put in your PC to use WiFi