cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again!!!

bez
Grafter

Here we go again!!!

my 76mb fibre (68mb real world speed) is once again running VERY VERY slowly during peak times, i just ran a bt speedtest and its just over 4mb, which i think you would agree is a laughable speed for someone who is paying for 76mb......when i phone to complain about these speeds I get the same routine ive had every time i phone about the speeds "cant understand this, its not our end, you shouldnt be getting capped at that speed" well im getting kinda fed up with this now. i currently struggling to even watch a youtube vid without it pausing every 2-3 seconds - on 76mb fibre - REALLY?
19 REPLIES 19
All4One
Grafter

Re: Here we go again!!!

Wired/Wireless?
Tried plugging directly into modem and setting a PPPoE connection to test speeds?
bez
Grafter

wired, ive also tried direct into the modem. I've had replacement routers and new modems and still the speed reduces down to almost dailup speed during "peak time"
also if it were an issue at my end it wouldnt reduce only during peak and return to full at roughly midnight, unless my router/modem has become sentient and is just screwing with me Wink
both my wired pcs react the same during peak time and my wireless devices, im afraid the culprit isnt captain mustard in the kitchen with the candlestick, its plusnet with the throttle....
All4One
Grafter

Sorry, didn't see that about peak times Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi bez,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering with such poor speeds.
So that we can fully investigate this issue for you, can you please ensure that when you run the BT Speedtester, that you also complete the 'Further Diagnostics' option as well?
Once this has been completed, if you could complete the Fault checker at http://faults.plus.net and our Faults Team can investigate further for you.
bez
Grafter

18:22

00:48

these are a couple of screen grabs taken while i was running the tests today - when i run the further diagnostics after the test should i enter my phone number into the top option or my postcode into the second option? as im not 100% sure which flavour of fibre i have
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Bez,
It's the top one you'd need as our fibre offerings are FTTC.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bez
Grafter

cool, its the top one i had been using so the tests ive done so far should have been sent to the server ok.
17:27 15/10/13
bez
Grafter

once again post midnight and the speed returns to full
01:22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for running the tests, as per Chris' advice I'd raise a fault next: http://faults.plus.net and our faults team will investigate that for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bez
Grafter

i love how when it says the speeds are ok (off peak times) it says no problems were found with your line, but when it falls short of the required speed it should be delivering it simply states the test was inconclusive
bez
Grafter

21:16
20/10/13
Devonian
Grafter

I laugh at the 'acceptable speed range'
For my line it is 2meg to 16meg... I mean really? 
bez
Grafter

00:45
21/10/13
and like clockwork im back at full speed.......  Roll_eyes

13:35
21/10/13
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi bez,
I can see you've raised a fault, our faults team will pick this up and let you know their findings.