cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again - First, my phone - Now, tortoise-speed, erratic broadband!

markce_1969
Hooked

Here we go again - First, my phone - Now, tortoise-speed, erratic broadband!

I am sure I do not need to remind Plusnet of the sorry experience I have had with a virtually UNUSABLE, crackling phone line over recent weeks.

It was finally resolved (we hope, anyway!)  by the THIRD engineer visit to my home, one week ago.

However, SINCE WEDNESDAY,  I have been very troubled by the fact that WHEN I PICK MY PHONE UP AND GET A DIAL TONE, my BROADBAND often seems to drop out completely! There is now no audible interference on my phone line, so I cannot understand why I am now getting this new problem.

When I finish my phone call, and replace the receiver, as if by magic the router reboots and my broadband slowly comes back, albeit at a painfully slow speed.

THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PLUSNET, AND YOUR SERVERS, so please sort out my speed issues.

Completely unacceptable.

I should be able to make a telephone call WITHOUT MY BROADBAND CUTTING OUT.

Sort it, please!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Caps in title edited as per Forum rules

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Here we go again - First, my phone - Now, tortoise-speed, erratic broadband!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Here we go again - First, my phone - Now, tortoise-speed, erratic broadband!

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems still.

However, SINCE WEDNESDAY,  I have been very troubled by the fact that WHEN I PICK MY PHONE UP AND GET A DIAL TONE, my BROADBAND often seems to drop out completely! There is now no audible interference on my phone line, so I cannot understand why I am now getting this new problem.

This is usually caused by internal wiring, a router, microfilter, or a line card issue at the exchange.

As line tests aren't identifying the cause of that I think we'll need to run through a few checks then raise a broadband fault to investigate further. Can you make sure your router is plugged into the test socket as explained here

If you can please also try a different router or microfilter.

If the problems continue, please raise a broadband fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet