cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Delia

Help

I've recently moved house but my internet has very bad signal can't even get anything to load it's that bad

12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Help

Welcome to the forums, @Delia

I'm afraid that without a little more detail there is little anyone in the community can do to help. Can you have a look at this topic and give as much detail as possible? https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Delia, welcome to the forums.

I have had a look into this for you and testing isn't highlighting any issues and the speeds are within the estimates for you line.

Based on the length of your line, in all honesty the speeds aren't that great and is unlikely this will improve in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can assist with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@LaurenB Thanks for looking, but if @Delia could follow the link in my post, maybe someone in the community could spot something at her end that your tests  maybe don't pick up?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I find it quite worrying that in response to a customer coming onto this forum and complaining that their connection is unusable that there is a response from a Plusnet staffer along the line "that's all you can get, tough" without considering whether there are any other factors in play such as the customer having a flaky wireless connection. @Delia, I can only suggest that you follow the advice of @jab1 and report the results.here for further advice as it's possible that your speed can be improved with a little self help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Delia It would be interesting and helpful to know what speed estimates you were given prior to your house move and how this compares with your actual speed at the moment.

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Delia Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Unfortunately our tests are showing your estimated line length from the cabinet to your property at 9 kilometres hence the poor speeds shown in our tests below

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 43.3 74.0
SNR Margin: 4.9 6.9
Errored Seconds: 12 2
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 0 0
Speed: 792 967

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 61
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 595

Unfortunately as per @LaurenB reply above it's highly unlikely anything further can be done. We can look at getting a engineer out but due to the length of the line they will most likely not be able to do anything.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@MatthewWheeler Thanks for that further info - it does rather seem to be a 'length of line' problem, so asking the OP for further details seems a bit pointless.

John
Baldrick1

I'm sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse here. All we know is that the OP has a maximum stable rate of just over 2Mbps, we don't know if that's being achieved in a speed test. 

@Delia,

Have you tried doing a speed test and if so are you getting a download speed of around 2Mbps?

EDIT

Ok so I've read this again and will show my ignorance of what it all means, I quote:

Speed: Upstream/Downstream DSL Link Information 792 967
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS):

The Max Stable Rate and Fault threshold are both 2272 Kbps, the Downstream DSL link is only 967Kbps; why is this acceptable?

Can some-one please explain.

Moderator and Customer

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 - I think you may be onto something there - 967KBPS does look a bit below max stable.Smiley

John
Delia

So wat can be done then
Baldrick1

I’m afraid it takes us back to here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Help/m-p/1532996#M323027

We need to know more details.

Moderator and Customer

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Delia,

At this stage, before we proceed any further, I feel that it would be best to make sure that you getting the best possible speeds out of your connection. If you haven't already, I'd recommend following these trouble shooting guides to ensure you can receive the best possible throughput speeds within the property.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know if this helps to improve anything within the property and if not we will have to look at getting an engineer out to evaluate whether or not anything further can be done to boost the speed along your line.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team