Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Netgear WNR2000

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Help with a Netgear WNR2000

I know the router isn't a PN supplied router, but thought i'd post in this section of the forums.
I ordered a WNR2000 brand new from eBay for £20 as it was capable of running DD-WRT.  I flashed it to the DD-WRT firmware by using the steps provided and accidentally bricked my router.  I debricked it by running TFTP2 a software by netgear to debrick a router.
However the main reason I wanted to use DD-WRT was to use the WDS function to extend the coverage of my hotspot router (also running full dd-wrt)
If I connect my Netgear router to my hotspot router running hotspotsystem.com (router - dlink dir 615) via homeplugs/powerline adaptors which is set up at the moment.  Then why if one device connects to the netgear and the splash landing comes up, why doesn't the splash landing come up if I attach another wireless device to the Netgear.  I believe the hotspot system recognizes devices via their Mac address, but then that mac would come from the router and only recognize the router and not the devices attached to the router.
Sorry if it sounds too technical, if you want me to rephrase, just ask.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
1 REPLY 1
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Help with a Netgear WNR2000

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up