cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Broadband Packages

wattsy
Grafter

Help on Broadband Packages

Hiya, I have been with Plusnet  since 2002 change my package in 2005 to Plusnet Broadband Plus £14.99.
Now I think it is about time I change the package again, as there appears to be  much better deals on the table i.e.  speeds up to 20mb and higher usage  allowance and free router. So I would be appreciate some advice.
Kind Regards    Undecided  Undecided    Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Help on Broadband Packages

How much are you using currently and what do you want to kind of things will you be looking at using? Also what exchange are you on as depending on which market it is in will affect the price you pay.
The router is more than likely already available to you as an existing customer, juts postage to pay.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
wattsy
Grafter

Hiya , My exchange is market 2, at present my speed is up to 8mb, wondered if I could get higher. Plus I'd like more usage  allowance at present  it's 12gb. I appreciate it does depend on the exchange regarding the speed. Thanks for your reply.
Kind Regards    Smiley  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you will only get higher speeds if you exchane is 21 CN activated or their is cable  what is shown here, note the market shown might not be correct http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
wattsy
Grafter

Hiya here is the results  obtained from above web site.

Broadband availability overviewADSL: Yes
SDSL: Yes
LLU services:  Yes
Cable: No
Wireless: No
BT Wholesale informationADSL status: Enabled as of 31/07/2001
ADSL Max status: Enabled as of 31/03/2006
SDSL status: Enabled as of 05/06/2005
21CN WBC status: Not available
FTTC status: Not available

Kind Regards
dvorak

Sadly you won't be able to get ADSL2+ as that's '21CN WBC' which isn't available.
Customer / Moderator
wattsy
Grafter

Hiya,  apparently  21CN was due to be activated last year. My speed appears to be  up to 5mb. But going back to the point of me changing my Plusnet  package.  I pay £14.99 a month for  up to 8mb speed which I know depends on the exchange. Usage allowance is 12GB I was hoping to get to increase this, reason for me asking advice.
It seems there are offers of higher usage allowance for less than £14.99 so I am a little confused.
Kind Regards  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley
mikeyriot
Grafter

The problem is, as you are on a market 2 exchange, the price advertised would not be the price you pay.
For the extra package on a market 2 exchange you would pay £17.99 after the first 3 months. Prices are shown here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#costs
Also check here to confirm your exchange market: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
dvorak

But for that extra 3 pounds you would get 5 times more allowance, which isn't too bad Smiley
EDIT: only thought might be is what are the peak times on your current package?
Customer / Moderator
wattsy
Grafter

Hiya, yes I had thought that about the allowance £3 more. Can't find when my exchange is going to be activated for 21CN but then I would have the package so hopefully the speeds would improve. Peak time is 4pm until 12mn.
I must admit I don't hear of many people who are on Plusnet in my area, maybe they should advertise more up here in the Northwest. I know they were sponsoring Granada weather a while back. But in my searches to-day for information on 21CN I came across a map with flags of providers in my immediate area there were two for plusnet, the rest mostly Sky, Talk Talk

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley