cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for my parents - part deux (FAO Adam Walker)

ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Help for my parents - part deux (FAO Adam Walker)

Adam,
After all of the fun and games we had getting my parents' phone line installed it looks like we're having similar problems with getting the broadband activated.
Tickets 49443075 & 50696939 refer.
Basically, the person she spoke to on Monday (who she thought was you but we now know wasn't) told her that the line installation (which was completed on 29th December) had only been signed off by Openreach at  Monday lunchtime and that he would resend the broadband order.
An update on the latest ticket yesterday made it clear that this was not the case so she feels that she was just being fobbed off and is now really losing faith in Plusnet.
This isn't really surprising when you bear in mind that it's now two months since she originally signed up and she can still only get internet access if she has her laptop in a particular position on a single window cill in her house where she can (just about) pick up my wireless signal!
I fully understand that you can't really tell me anything due to the DPA (although, as I hold Power of Attorney for both of my parents you probably could) but can you make sure that everything's now proceeding as it should and give some indication as to when the broadband will be activated.  She's starting to make noises about contacting Virgin Media and, to be perfectly honest , I'm starting to think that it might be the quickest way for her to get internet access.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Martin
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

Re: Help for my parents - part deux (FAO Adam Walker)

Hi ciderboy,
Sorry I couldn't pick up on this post any sooner, if it's OK with yourself I'll have to pick this one up when I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.
Speak soon
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Adam,
No problem.  They've been told today that they should get the broadband on the 19th.
However, based on recent experience we're half expecting this to change again tomorrow.
Martin
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

@ciderboy,
Just letting you know I've replied to the ticket with more information.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team