cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Wi-Fi light flashing green but Internet not on devices.

HevsH

Help! Wi-Fi light flashing green but Internet not on devices.

Have a 582n Thomson ADSL router which I’ve reset today. Broadband light steady green but Wi-Fi light and Internet light constantly flashing green (transferring data perhaps?). Devices find Wi-Fi but internet not working. Can anyone assist? Lights have been flashing for several hours. 

7 REPLIES 7
Mardler
Rising Star

Re: Help! Wi-Fi light flashing green but Internet not on devices.

Same here.
Connected to exchange no ADSL.
Came back a minute ago but just disconnected again.
Come on, PN! This happened a few weeks ago.
HevsH

Thanks. Does this imply it’s at external exchange issue and not the router? 

Mardler
Rising Star

Yes, it does.

your modem is connected to the exchange but there is no ADSL preent. Your modem should have diagnostics you can look at to check.

My problem might be different. In February it was definitely a PN issue. When it stabilised, SNRM, with no target tweaking, went from 4 or 5 to >10? I reduced the target from 5 to 3 and it's been rock solid until tonight. When I could access the SNR it was 0.1! I returned the target to 5 and the reconnect was at 2.2, still a tad low but it's nighttime.

My question to PN now is why did ADSL disappear and why, when it returned, did I have to reset target SNR?

Btw, a close neighbour with PN had ADSL drops all day today.

HevsH

Thank u - I’ll try to call PN tomorrow and hope for a remote fix. It’s my elderly parents router and a lifeline at the mo, so any downtime is not helpful 😞

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@HevsH - I see you called in - and yesterday a connection was established, but I don't see one today. What was done yesterday to bring the connection back?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
HevsH

Hi Tony - I’ve spoken to one of your tech guys this morn and he’s given instructions to reset router tho it’s not working as he’s described. Bro in law is at my mums house now trying tho not succeeding - he’s quite tecky. I’m also holding on with the support tel line to Plusnet to speak.. My mum is 88 and I really can’t leave her without connection so really hoping this can get fixed.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Can you try a different router, or get your brother in law to try that? I've ordered a new one just in case as the technicolor is quite old.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team