cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!!!!

windsortg
Grafter

Help Please!!!!

I'm hoping that one of the Plusnet moderators of this forum will pick this up and help as I'm getting no joy from customer services.
I was meant to have fibre installed on 1st March but it never happened. I was told by PN that my previous service provider, O2, had placed a cease on my phone line but according to O2, they did no such thing. I am now without broadband and have been told a new fibre order has to be placed!
I have a question/ticket number raised 66503842. The latest saga (since Monday) is that a fibre order cannot be placed due to a records issue on BTW system. PN cannot tell me when this will get resolved and I am no where near on knowing when fibre will now be installed. If I knew I would have to go through all this, I would never have considered joining Plusnet. I get told by one customer agent they will call me in the morning which never happens and when I call again, I get told by another agent that agents are not allowed to call out.
Please, please Mr Plusnet team on this forum, can you be kind enough to find out what is happening and me kind enough to call me?
jim:red all caps in title changed mod:end
19 REPLIES 19
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Help Please!!!!

Moderators can't help as we are just customers but the Digital Care Team will be along soon to help - although it may not be until tomorrow given the time
windsortg
Grafter

I have noticed the Plusnet team replying to posts so my plea for help was more to them
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I can see that you called us at about 16:11 just before posting. I'm sorry we're unable to give you an exact date when this will be resolved, sorry too by the way that this has taken longer than expected.
I understand O2 believe they didn't cease the line, however our suppliers systems disagree and this prevents us from placing an order at present. We've requested this to be updated and a priority team is due to chase this up for us ASAP.
Bear with us and I'll make sure we get you an update ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
windsortg
Grafter

@Adam - thanks for your quick response. Is there likely to be an update today on a date for the installation of the fibre broadband? I was talking to one of the PN customer service analysts [mremoved] on Monday and she suggested that in the interim, I could have an ADSL line set up so that at least I could have broadband up and running while the fibre issue is resolved. Is this an option that will not cause further delays and issues?
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
steveuk
Grafter

Did you have a phone service with o2 or just internet? I ask because i moved from o2 to plusnet (adsl2+ only no phone) and they were more than helpfull and left my net running untill plusnet took over.
windsortg
Grafter

I had my ADSL2+ and phone with O2. The phone successfully moved across to plusnet. I would be happy if my broadband stayed up & running with O2 until plusnet took it over but it looks like O2 killed the line before plusnet got it up & running. I just need broadband ASAP  Kiss
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand, just so you know we're looking to expedite the order for you as soon as we've been able to place it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveuk
Grafter

Ahh i see the problem, Your line got moved to plusnet so this would have killed the o2 connection no matter what if i understand how things work.
Hope you get up and running soon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI windsortg,
I can see that we've had a problem in placing the order, I've set myself a reminder to check and make sure you get a response to ticket 66503842 today.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
windsortg
Grafter

Thanks Adam. Is it possible for this to be sent to the Escalation team within BTOR? It is coming up to a week now and there does not appear to be any progress made? I appreciate this is not the fault of Plusnet but knowing that things are progressing and that an installation date is round the corner will really help.
windsortg
Grafter

@Adam - I've had no response whatsoever from Plusnet today. Can I expect anything?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi windsortg,
Apologies for the delay, I have chased this up and it seems our suppliers have escalated this further within their own departments as it appears to be a capacity issue at the minute. I've requested an update ASAP and as soon as it comes though we'll be in-touch.
Chris.
windsortg
Grafter

Thank you for the response Chris. At the time I requested fibre broadband, why was I not informed that there was a capacity issue? Even at the time the order was placed and I received an installation date of 1st March?
Had I known there was going to be a capacity issue, I would not have left O2 and I would have at least been with broadband. My day-to-day work relies on home broadband and this issue is causing me immense problems as well as expense. Surely there must be an escalation team within BTOR who can provide an update on when this issue will get resolved?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This has now been escalated but I am just waiting on a response so I can get this progressed.