cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! New customer with broadband problems

meadow2017

Help! New customer with broadband problems

Hi, only a few days with Plusnet and I know they say give it 10 days to establish speeds but I can hardly access the internet at all, it's worse than dial up Sad

Takes 5 or so minutes for a page to load, took me over 30 minutes to make a paypal payment last night I am so disappointed so far. Tried to watch the help video to see if I could help myself but it just keeps buffering!! 

Was with Vodafone before which wasn't exactly brilliant but at least we could actually use the internet, hoping I'm not going to regret this move.

I wonder if a plusnet support would kindly check my line to see if there are any problems?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
headrowe

Re: Help! New customer with broadband problems

Hi,. Think yourself lucky !!!!!  I was supposed to switch over from Talk talk on the 19th OCTOBER . I have still have no internet. Keep getting told it will be on in 24-48hrs it's now 28 days !!!!   * WE'LL DO YOU PROUD * is ringing a bit hollow.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@meadow2017

Welcome to the forum.

You don't say whether you are connected to your router via an Ethernet cable or using wireless. Assuming you are on standard broadband and not fibre you will have a Plusnet Hub Zero. The wireless on these is not good. Many use their own routers, I don't know if your Vodafone one is locked but if you post the type here no doubt someone can advise.

If you have posted on the wrong forum board and are on fibre then you will have a Hub One. These come with the 2.4 and 5GHz bands synchronised. Some devices get confused by this so it is recommended that these are split and each band is tried in turn to find the best, See  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

meadow2017

Thanks for your reply, sorry I should have explained I am on normal broadband not fibre and using a Sagemcom router.  My vodafone router is a standard vodafone router and says made by huawei.

I have tried connecting via the ethernet, especially when I was trying to make a payment last night but it still was running extremely slow. It took 11 minutes today for an email attachment to open, this can't be normal surely.

Thanks again for your time, hopefully a plusnet member can test my line etc soon

Best wishes

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @meadow2017,

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing problems with your connection since moving over to us and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've checked your account and can see that you are within the first 10 days of your service going live. This is known as the "training period" where the line tries to find its most stable point and you may experience speed/performance problems during this period.

If your connection is still poor after 10 days from your activation date, please run through our troubleshooting guides here and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team