cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Just switched - no internet

kentishalex

Help! Just switched - no internet

Hi, my ADSL broadband was supposed to switch from EE to Plusnet on 24th May, however no switchover took place and the EE service was still working until today. I have plugged in and connected up the Plusnet router but don't have a connection - power and wi-fi lights are green, broadband light is flashing on/off. I called the Plusnet support team and was advised that there is a fault on the line, and I will be without broadband until Friday at the earliest, which is when I should expect a call from an engineer. This doesn't seem right - I'm convinced the switchover has not been actioned correctly, hence the unnanounced delay and now this - it would be a remarkable coincidence for a fault on the line to develop in the hour or so between the EE service being closed off and me setting up the Plusnet router. Can anybody help to diagnose the problem, as I am reliant on my home broadband to work and I have serious doubts that there really is a fault with the line. Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Help! Just switched - no internet

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing a problem with your service on the day of your transfer.

I agree with you that it's either a coincidence or the engineering work as part of the changeover has gone wrong. Unfortunately either way all we can do is report this with Openreach for a fault engineer to go out and investigate further.

I can see we've been provided an estimated response time of by the end of Friday, this means an engineer should be assigned anytime up until then we just can't chase it up until we've allowed our suppliers 2 working days. The fault we're detecting is what's called a "Battery Contact" which as far as I'm aware is when the line comes into contact with something. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet