cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Broadband turns off and on

Pretender
Grafter

Help Broadband turns off and on

Hello now my broadband has been working perfectly for the last 4 or so months all of a sudden my connection just goes off i am using a BT home hub 2.0 version A i think , its started just flashing yellow when i surf the web every 1 min or so it just flashes yellow then goes back to blue and does this all the time there is no problem between 12 am and 12pm all i have tested i have just been at work from 12pm to 4pm, anyone know what the problem might be i have been with plus.net for 1 year and i have been happy with the service so far this is just not usable at the moment i am not sure if this is the right place to have posted but i am not sure if the router is at the end of its life( i have googled the BT home hub 2.0 version A and people have been having this problem but i have been using it without problem for 4 months) or the line is buggered happened when i was on BT and the line was worn away the guy said.
any help would be awesome thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help Broadband turns off and on

Hi Pretender,
The line is very intermittent right now which could be caused by many things. If you have another router you can try that would be great. Alternatively you should have a look here for some troubleshooting tips. Below are your latest connection logs.

Jojo Smiley
Pretender
Grafter

just connected my old white home hub and i am still getting the same problems its just flashing yellow every 1-2 mins started happening at like 9 last night i think. and i have also changed the filter.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pretender,
If you follow all the checks in the link I gave you then at the bottom of the page you should click on the link for broadband fault checker and this will take you through some question then raise a fault if necessary.
Jojo Smiley