cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! BB Down less that up again

colintivy
Rising Star

Help! BB Down less that up again

I thought that things had gone into porrage speed again. A steady deterioration evident on MBBS. btpeedtester will not have anything to do with me!! I noted that the connection failed briefly earlier this pm. A lot of wind about right now. Overhead cables not keen on that. Any views (after BH I expect)
Sad Sad
jim:green a load of blank lines removed mod:end
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Help! BB Down less that up again

Do your router stats show a very high noise margin? If so restarting the router is likely to give a higher sync speed, which will work its way through to a higher IP Profile and Member Centre Current line speed in due course.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks Spraxit
It looks as though there has been a bt blip after all. I am now back to nearly 2 Meg down and 448k up without any activity on my part. The noise margin is 16db down and 22db up all have been like this for some time. My router is a Belkin N which does not provide the full stats as some others (or at least I have not found them!). I do see that MBS always gives my up speed as 377K as opposed to bt agreeing with Belkin.
Smiley Cheesy
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Actual upstream data speeds will always be less than the 448kbps sync speed that your router and BT report for the same reason that actual downstream speeds are less than downstream sync speed. Though the system doesn't use it there is an implied upstream IP Profile of approximately 88.2% of the sync speed - 0.882 x 448 = 395kbps. Allowing a further 5% for connection management overheads would give around 373kbps - about what you are seeing.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

Ta!
c.