cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. Can someone help me? just migrating in.

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Re: Hello. Can someone help me? just migrating in.

Quote from: Barry
It's worth noting that if you're migrating in from another ISP, you generally migrate onto the same BT product.  If you were on a fixed 2MB product with your previous ISP, then you will still be on the same fixed 2MB product when you connect with Plusnet.

now that is interesting and new information to me. i think i will wait and see once connected. i did see this though on my current tickets page detailing my migration.
This is an ISP Migration Regrade account i.e the customer has requested the account to be regraded to the fastest speed the line can handle after the migration is complete.

thanks for the info and links.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The second quote essentially says the same as the first one; you might find you are on the same fixed rate when you first connect but placing an order for the upgrade to max should happen automatically.
That upgrade might well happen overnight; I imagine an advisory (probably closed) ticket will appear on your account to let you know the upgrade is about to happen. I suggest you turn your modem off overnight on that night so you make a clean start with the training period after the upgrade completes.
David
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

thank you.
now i am getting a bit too clever for my own liking....what does this say to you guys:

Uptime: 0 days, 2:34:30

Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 288 / 2,304

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 7.77 / 23.28

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 10.5 / 19.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.5 / 36.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 30.0 / 19.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ÿµGS

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 14 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 782

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 18

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 15

it all means nothing to me, i wonder if its possible to get a rough idea of which stable speed i should be able to get?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: monkeyexpressPF
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 10.5 / 19.0

The most relevant lines are those I've quoted; these are known as your router stats.
You are definitely on a 2Mbps fixed rate product, the giveaway is the 288kbps upload speed. Once migrated to max that will change to 448kbps. You might find the order to upgrade you to max isn't placed until Monday.
As far as what download speed you should see after migrating - I would expect better than 7000kbps. Please note this 'bandwidth' figure is the sync rate between your router and the DSLAM at the exchange. Your actual throughput speed will be much less than that due to transport and data management overheads.
David
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Is the important bit and confirms you are on a fixed 2Mbs connection (although it should really be syncing at 2272 not 2304  Huh )
These 2

Show the quality of your connection and with those figures you should get at least 4Mbs and possibly 6Mbs.
All the above is explained in Understanding Line Loss and Measurements Usetools tutorial (although it was written before max existed)
jazz
Grafter

Welcome to PlusNet!  I think it's a geat ISP and these forums are a great source of help.  For more explanations of ADSL and Broadband matters I can also recommend www.kitz.co.uk as a superb site with good help.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I totally agree. If you're into the detail kitz is great, especially Broadband Availability Checker on the home page and the DMT tool down in the details.
Use the BAC - it'll give you a pretty good idea of your likely Max speed.
I used the tools at kitz to check my 2Mb line in detail before moving to Max, getting "top banana" connection speeds when I did.
But then the ISP "messed up" so many things so I left them and I'm due here sometime on Monday!
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
It's worth noting that if you're migrating in from another ISP, you generally migrate onto the same BT product.  If you were on a fixed 2MB product with your previous ISP, then you will still be on the same fixed 2MB product when you connect with Plusnet.

Not if it's an LLU migration, though (different wholesale product set).  Essentially, an LLU migration is equivalent to a "cease and reprovide" but with a MAC process.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

i have now gone GREEN on stage 2 of the "order tracker" status page  Grin
roll on the 15th.
thanks everyone.
HPsauce
Pro

Hope it goes well for you, I've just arrived a few minutes ago.
I just rebooted my router and had to change the logon to connect (no disconnection on switchover, I was still on Tiscali).
Suddenly web browsing is all crisp and fast again.  Grin
I seem to be syncing slightly slower (7616 vs full 8Mb) and IP profile is 10% down (6500 vs 7150 before) but I'll wait and see if that inches up.
Happy bunny so far.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You may have been changed from fastpath to interleaved which would explain the slight drop.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro

Is there any way I can see if I'm interleaved or not?
My connection settings say "Your current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps" and my router sync speed is 7616/448.
Anyway, I don't want to be accused of hijacking someone elses thread so best to ask again elsewhere if it bothers me in a few days time.  Roll_eyes
Meanwhile I'm just enjoying a good connection for the first time in many months.  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: HPsauce
Is there any way I can see if I'm interleaved or not?

Looking at the delta reports we receive it's showing as Fast currently. So no interleaving there.
The profile is 6500 because you had a sync of 7392 at 2am this morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
I've just arrived a few minutes ago. I just rebooted my router and had to change the logon to connect (no disconnection on switchover, I was still on Tiscali)

did you just happen to reboot then? how did you know to reboot if your tiscali didnt drop? i thought ones existing connection went down when you were migrated? are you saying you could now still connect to Tiscali or Plusnet?  better not use even a minute of Tiscalis time  Tongue
btw, dont worry about hijacking this thread, you are about 5 days ahead of me on migration and sounds like you may have the same questions as i could be asking in a weeks time. two birds with one stone like!  Grin