cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. Can someone help me? just migrating in.

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Hello. Can someone help me? just migrating in.

hey guys.
thought i'd say hello as this is my 1st post.
i signed up to plusnet last night and am migrating from Pipex who LLU'd me last weekend without any notice and after 5 years with them, but thats another story.
when i checked my "order tracker" a little later it said "problem - someone will be in touch"  Cry
i have just checked now and it still says "problem" but i have recieved a ticket update saying "This is to confirm your order is progressing fine. It is due for completion on: 15/02/08"
then 3 mins later another ticket reply saying "We are unable to answer your Question [ xxxxxxxx ] at the moment. The
Support Team will keep the Question open, and will provide an update as
soon as possible."
just wondered if this was normal practice or if a CS member could look into it for me? i can PM my username to a CS rep if they can help.
thank you.
45 REPLIES 45
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hello. Can someone help me? just migrating in.

I don'[t know the answer to you main Question, but don'[t worry about your user name CS and the moderators both can tie up name and your handle. with your PlusNet Identity
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

It could be because you're LLU'ed and the migration process isn't as simple.
Just out of interest did they give a MAC or doesn't that apply?
Wait and see what happens in a day or two (remembering it's the weekend), even a normal migration takes several days - I ordered last weekend and am currently awaiting activation - hopefully soon!  Grin
LiamM
Grafter

Hi there MonkeyExpress... welcome 🙂
The second message you heard is standard practice for when the agents put your ticket "on hold".  The ticket can then come off hold at a time specified by the analyst putting your ticket on hold.  Does that make any sense? 🙂
So, if you're migrating in, it's not unusual for customer support to keep your ticket, but put it "on hold" for, say, 5-7 days after which time it will come off hold, effectively reminding them to check the status of your migration before returning it to you.
Does the order tracker still show a problem?
zubel
Community Veteran

It may also be worthwhile giving them a quick ring and asking them the status of the migration.  My gut feeling is that it will be related to the LLU process so your migration may be delayed - or it may not!
Calling them will allow you to find out the status and whether there is anything that you may need to do.
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just had a look at your account and it appears that the order is in the BT systems and progressing ok. It's due to complete on the 15th, if you want to give me a nudge on Monday I'll have another check for you.
CS and the moderators both can tie up name and your handle. with your PlusNet Identity

Comms team and members of CS can do this, the moderators don't have access to PN's internal systems so can't.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

thanks alot guys.
HP - yea i asked Pipex for a MAC on wednesday and got it on friday, whether it is correct or not, who knows? i had no idea i had been LLU'd until last weekend so will be mighty annoyed if this effects migrations. i had heard migrations from LLU to normal BT wires was no problem though!?
Liam - all makes sense, still showing "problem" but noticed in my account i can check tickets and the message:
Dear Mr Monkey,
This is to confirm your order is progressing fine. It is due for completion on: 15/02/08

Our Reference: xxxxxxx
Regards,
Super Dude

is showing online, and the 2nd message makes more sense in the ticket area.

barry - 15min wait on the phone just now. hopefully i will hear something definative either here or via the ticket in the next couple of days.
thanks again.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Chris, thank you.
we cross posted  Tongue
thats great news, could you maybe explain why my "order tracker" says "problem"?
is this normal? i am more than happy if the migration is going ahead but was wondering what would make the online system state there's a problem?
not even with you guys yet but lovin the service/members area/forums.
Grin
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like the automated system couldn't find your line details in the ordering system we use (possibly because you'd been LLU'd), one of the CSC agents has fixed this manually now and your order is going through.
ps. You might want to remove the name of the agent from the other post or you may incur the wrath of the mods Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

wow, thanks so much. still showing "problem" at my end but i am very happy now i have confirmation. i just read so many horror stories about trying to leave Pipex i was a little worried LLU had borked everything.
name changed, dont want to get into bother on day 1  Wink
thanks so much.
zubel
Community Veteran

Glad to hear it's all progressing.
Welcome to Plusnet!
B.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

what a refreshing change to actually get some customer service  Grin
just one other thing that has sprung to mind. having taking the phone option too, which includes line rental, what will happen to my BT account? is that it? i will have no more to do with them from a billing point of view?
as i pay BT line rental in advance what hppens next? will BT send me a final bill when they get the nod from PlusNet that i have moved to them? if its a positive final balance do i get a refund?
thanks again.
p.s its great to ask questions and know you're going to get proper official replies, i cant get over it  Grin
zubel
Community Veteran

BT will be notified by Plusnet that they are taking over the call charges and line rental.
BT should then write to you and refund any credit you may be in, or send you a final bill for any calls and rental up to your migration date.
Once that's done, that's it!  You will not need to speak to BT again!
B.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

thanks once more...
i have another question  Embarrassed i may aswell rename this thread "the monkeyexpress Q&A thread"  Tongue
i have done alot of reading on the forums here and something that i vaugely remember reading about before has cropped up again.
bearing in mind i am coming from a 2mb line so never had any higher, whats all this talk of "IP profile" and "sync speeds" etc?
i understand something along the lines of - my new plusnet broadband will be a max product so it has a "training" period? its that time that then sets my "IP profile"?
how long is the training period and what can i expect from speeds in that time(fluctuations) and is there anyway i can use the net in that time to make sure i get the highest possible profile?
am i right in thinking once the profile is set thats it, thats what i get? i dont do any P2P or usenet, whatever that is, just surfing, a little gaming occasionally and the odd file download/streaming.
any advice welcome, any links to things for me to read also welcome.
zubel
Community Veteran

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/dslmax_guide.shtml is an excellent starting point for your questions.
Essentially, your line is potentially unstable for the first 10 days as it finds the best speed that it can handle.
It's always worth restarting your router once a day during the training period.  This forces the equipment at the exchange to resync, which will help your profile stabilise.
It's worth noting that if you're migrating in from another ISP, you generally migrate onto the same BT product.  If you were on a fixed 2MB product with your previous ISP, then you will still be on the same fixed 2MB product when you connect with Plusnet.
To make sure that you're on the MAX product, you can raise a ticket and ask, or simply wait until you're connected and visit http://max.plus.net where you can request the 'upgrade' to the Max product.
B.