cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heh ho, mismatched BT IP & PN Profiles again..............

Routefinder
Grafter

Heh ho, mismatched BT IP & PN Profiles again..............

A goodly number of days ago I noticed there had been an unforced by me resync & gateway hop and the following data is what happened:-
Now sync'ing at 3924
BT Speed Test says
Speed 3.1Mbps IP Profile 3.46Mbps
PN IP Profile 3.2Mbps
It really would be nice is at last the PN system matched the BT one without having to ask for it to be adjusted  Cool Grin
6 REPLIES 6
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Heh ho, mismatched BT IP & PN Profiles again..............

Good news is it shouldn't be a problem for much longer.
The script that does the profile changes has been fixed and improved. We are just waiting for it to go in a software release.
Off the top of my head I think its in the next one in a couple weeks.
Hopefully someone who is in will give it a manual nudge for you over the weekend.
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Scott
Many thanks for the insight, frankly this is long overdue so I do hope it goes mainstream AOK and is robust & works "as it says on the tin".
In the meantime as you say hopefully this cri de Coeur for now will be actioned Smiley
Routefinder
Grafter

Embarrassed there was a DLM re-sync at approx. 01:30hrs......................down to 3681.
Oh well at least once the new script is "live" there will be correct/proper tracking of the BT & PN profiles so that when 'you' are faster you get "faster"  Wink Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It looks as though your Speed Profile is set right now.
With regards to the Speed Profile changes, even with the changes that are due to be rolled out, the profile we have set on our side won't update as soon as the profile changes on our suppliers systems. The script will run at various times through a 24 hour period to ensure the speed profiles are aligned.
In this case, it's quite likely that your sync rate may fluctuate, especially as your SNR Target is set at 3db, the slightest bit of interference for whatever reason could cause a re-sync/drop in connection. I appreciate it's set as it is to try and get the best possible speeds out of your line.
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Chris
Many thanks for the reply.
I take your point about the script not being 'instant' but "within 24 hours......" will be way better than I and many others have seen in the past where in many/most cases it had to be aligned manually.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Oh yes absolutely, can't agree with you more there.
We're looking at the script running multiple times within a 24 hour period.