cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to sign in via hub manager every single day.

FIXED
thekendricks99

Have to sign in via hub manager every single day.

Had our Fibre installed on the 28th January, since then without fail every single day I have had to sign in to my hub manager and refill in my account password to connect. At first this was happening twice a day at around 2pm and 2am and then I spoke to the live services who told me the account had not been set up correctly and that there should be no more problems, after that call it carried on but at 9.10pm every single night. I have tried all suggestions from test socket to making sure there is no timer device set up to factory reset to a new modem. Nothing has worked. Another thing to note is that when the modem was first plugged in it didn't pick up my account details, i had to manually input them. The same with the second modem. The last i was told was last Wednesday (a week and a half ago) that an engineer would phone me to come and check the line within 72 hours and still no phone call.What I can say though is i don't believe it is the line but the actual set up of my account. 

The signs for this are 

1/ I had to manually set up my router on day one.

2/ The same happened with both routers

3/ Have seen a couple of people online with similar issues that have been accounts set up wrong

4/ At 21:11:09 every night the process starts with CHAP authentication failed followed by PPP LCP Send termination request (failed to authenticate ourselves to peer).

Now my knowledge of connections (albeit maybe limited) tells me this is something checking my connection and deciding it has failed and then terminating it.

PLEASE HELP, got my first bill yesterday for a service I am yet to use fully.

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Have to sign in via hub manager every single day.

Get your router serial number.  Contact support and ask them to confirm that the serial number is associated with your account.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thekendricks99

Hello Townman, already been down that route too, they had two on record a couple of weeks ago, they removed one and kept the one i told them and it still isn't working as should. 

Thanks for that though.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sorry I forgot - a warm welcome to the forums.

Good to confirm that angle has been closed out.  You are not alone with this issue ... which has been escalated to request identification of the root cause.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Fix

Go to here https://portal.plus.net/automatic_hardware_setup/index.php and disable automatic hardware setup

Click here as it is not  at all obvious

2018-03-03_132503.jpg

thekendricks99

Thanks for that, worked at last, should have come here in the first place rather than live chat or phoning Plusnet and getting totally messed about for over a month, now where to go to speak to someone about some money off for the service being disrupted every day.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with your connection.

I'm glad that you've managed to fix this by switching off the auto-setup.

Would you be able to switch it back on again and let us know if the problem re-occurs?

It's possible it just needs to be disabled and re-enabled.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thekendricks99

Turned it back on and it started it again so have turned it off and will keep it off until you work out why my account has not been set up correctly from your end. That is where the issue is and I am frankly sick of jumping through hoops to get nowhere!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@thekendricks99, I can see what's happened here.

Apologies for the hassle.

The issue is ultimately the result of your router (and the subsequent replacement) being sent out prematurely. You shouldn't have received the device until a day or two before the line activation, at which point the necessary information is available to ensure the device is configured correctly.

I have made a change at this side. If you can factory reset the device by inserting something in the pin hole at the back of the unit for 10 seconds or so (whilst powered up), then you should find the auto-configuration works successfully after coming back up.

It should also prevent the 24hr reset.

I know it's further hassle, but it would be wise to ensure your device is registered correctly on our management platform so you continue to receive firmware updates etc.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵