cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i lost my upload speed?

pcoventry76
Grafter

Have i lost my upload speed?

Ive just gone from Pro ro option 3 - and my upload speed is back to around 38k/sec
But i pay for max at 832 0 so shouldn't i get this all the time?
cheers
Pete
8 REPLIES 8
Spider
Grafter

Re: Have i lost my upload speed?

I am only guessing but I think that when you moved to Option 3 the system automatically put you back onto the ordinary product rather than the trial premium product.
Out of interest (and slightly off topic). What made you change your mind over the Pro product?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a quick look at your account Pete, it's still showing as Max Premium from here. I'll do a bit more digging when I get into the office in around an hour.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Cheers for the replys chaps, and thanks chris Smiley
Spider,
No real reason, i have been doing alot of downloading overnight but finding it ever harder to stay up till 12 to do it - so i have gone from Pro to option 3 as to be honest i still get the gaming priority but also most of my e-mail and browsing is between 7a,-11am and after 10:30pm - while i have to put up with the rate limiting around 10:30 till 12 the rest of thet ime it should be fine.
I'm going to test my upload now - i do alot of file backup hence why i wanted 832. I'm sure a speed regrade would not affect physical sync, afterall ellacoya still controls it.
PRO is a great product - and the lack of rate limiting is awesome.
I just wanted more Bandwidth, mainly for my FTPing - so i went for BBYW 3 as it's the same price - Regrade was done in about 2 hours and alot of extra BandWidth for the month
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
Are per our discussion:
- You are seeing full up-load speed as per your speedtest
- You appear to be having a problem with FTP speed
- There are no limitations applied to upstream FTP on your product
- You should try using a different FTP client & site if possible
See if that makes any difference to the speeds on upstream FTP that you're seeing.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Hi James,
I've tried 3 servers located around the world (one in London) and it's having problems, i was getting full speed after midnight - at the moment it's not too bad it's mainly going to be 7-11am when i use the net ( for now)
As i did mentioned though i cannot try my plusnet FTP account as it fails to authenticate my login details -
Here is a upload to ftp.servage.net which is in germany . i use fireftp but that was using ws_ftp pro

Pete
pcoventry76
Grafter

i'm going back onto Pro - the rate limits are driving me nuts!
Spider
Grafter

Welcome back Cheesy
pcoventry76
Grafter

thanks - just got the e-mail telling me the regrade has been done and im back on pro. 7:40pm and my upload is back to 82k/sec again
im very tired, goodnight all Smiley
Pete