cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else been asked to contact Tiscali for a MAC code

kwack
Grafter

Has anyone else been asked to contact Tiscali for a MAC code

Reason I ask is apparenly my service is with Tiscali despite never been a Tiscali customer ever. As teh servers are being changed over to BT I have been asked to contact Tiscali for a MAC code which despite 3 calls to Tiscali they cannot generate because I am not a customer and never have been . Tiscali checked my address, post code, both landline and ai do not appear anywhere.
So my plus.net service is likely to dis-appear if I cant generate a MAC code from Tiscali.
Has anyone else been asked to do this and if so how did they resolve it because I am seriously getting tired of wasting my time phoning Tiscali
Cheers
KWack
11 REPLIES 11
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Has anyone else been asked to contact Tiscali for a MAC code

So who is your broadband provider then?I was with tiscali and i got my mac code from them by a text message only,still waiting to this day for my mac code via the post although im with plusnet now as i got my mac code via text message"luckily"
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
nadger
Rising Star

At one time some Plusnet customers were on Tiscali LLU but I thought most, if not all, had been moved back to BTw.
To me it seems most unlikely that any Plusnet customer would be asked to contact Tiscali direct for mac code - this would have been requested by Plusnet on customers behalf.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Let me see if I can find out what's going on here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
This does seem a little strange.
Basically, it looks like we provided your service over Tiscali LLU. However, you're now on Premium, so we're trying to move you to the BT network on ADSL2+. To do this we tried to generate a MAC to move you over, but couldn't do so (because it looks like your line is a Tiscali Retail asset, rather than a Plusnet asset provisioned on Tiscali Wholesale. This is why we asked you to get a MAC.
Failing this, we'll need to do a cease of your Tiscali provisioned service, and a provide on the BT network to get you onto ADSL2+.
kwack
Grafter

I have contacted Tiscali on 3 occassions and followed what was asked by Plus.net  Asked Tiscali to ado a TAGS check which they couldn't do. I have never been a Tiscali customer so any chang in server needs to come from Plus.net and just get on with it.
I have wasted enough time on this as it is. If you ened to cease service and set me back up on whatever server you need to then please do it and refund me for lost service time
Thanks
kwack
kwack
Grafter

Mand Beckett
Logged under question ID  ID: 30987011
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That might not be necessary, I've done some digging and given Mand some more information which should hopefully help sort this out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This sounds a little odd Mand.
If the customer is a Plusnet customer and is on Premium doesn't this imply that the service contract for the line is with Plusnet?   Was the customer ever a Tiscali customer?
If the customer was *Never* a customer of Tiscali, then it looks like an internal PN issue to resolve line ownership and transfer.  
Maurice  
EDIT:  My post coincided with Chris response.  Apologies, thngs seem to be in hand.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kwack
Grafter

Thank you for the replies. Hopefully thsi will get resolved without calls on Sundays asking me to call Tiscali and talk for hours about my account with them which doesnt or never has existed. Then being asked to report Tiscali to Ofcom for them refusing to generate a MAC code!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
There was a problem with your details, I've now managed to generate a MAC, so you don't need to worry about this anymore. Sorry about the inconvenience caused here.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

^^ Roll_eyes Job well done here by the plusnet staff and it's this UNBEATABLE service that in my opinion you will NOT find anywhere else Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.