Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware delivery.

badwolf
Grafter

Hardware delivery.

Hey guys,
on 9th Dec I ordered a new router from plusnet (as well as changing product) as I figured my old Netgear wont work properly on ADSL2+ (which is what I am on now)
I duly paid the £6 delivery but to date have still not received my new hardware. According to plusnet it is still awaiting despatch!? Cry Does anyone know how long it takes? It says 2-3 days according to this page here.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Hardware delivery.

Hi there,
Sorry about this but it seems your hardware order got stuck, I've kicked it through now and you should receive the router in the next few days. I'll reply to your ticket with some more information.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
badwolf
Grafter

Chris - just read your reply. Thank you very much, that's very kind Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problems, glad to help.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: badwolf
I figured my old Netgear wont work properly on ADSL2+ (which is what I am on now)

If it's a DG834 series and using the latest firmware it should be fine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
resolve666
Dabbler

I had the exact same thing happen to me and a couple of friends, perhaps this is an issue which should be looked at by Plusnet if it is not already being done so.
badwolf
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
If it's a DG834 series and using the latest firmware it should be fine.

It is indeed - although an old V2 to be precise. It was running the latest (supposedly ADSL2+ compatible) firmware but just doesnt seem to like ADSL2+
Anyway, my Thomson arrived earlier and interestingly I am no longer suffering from lag issues on online gaming and lockups - perhaps there is an issue with ADSL2 with some chipset/vendors?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I know some routers play nicer when set to LLC encapsulation instead of VC-based when using ADSL2+ or LLU products.
Quote from: resolve666
I had the exact same thing happen to me and a couple of friends, perhaps this is an issue which should be looked at by Plusnet if it is not already being done so.

Have all of those examples occurred recently? If they have, and you're able to forward me the usernames of the accounts in question, then I can check to see if there's any common underlying problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵