Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Order and Broadband Question

rockintone
Grafter

Hardware Order and Broadband Question

Hi all,
Signed up for PN on the 12th Nov and my broadband went live (8mb option 2) on the 19th Nov.
A few questions:
1) I still haven't recieved my router (Voager 2091), the order tracking states the order is awaiting processing?  Its well over a week now since signing up and I would have expected the router to at least be posted out - can nayone help speed things up?
2) I regularly switch my router (existing one) off when not in use (its normally off most of the day and on in the evenings then off again overnight) as I do with all electric devices (TVs etc).  Will switching it off during the 10 day "bedding in period" affect my sync rate etc?
3) Last night I lost my connection (DSL) twice (it reconnected itself after a few minutes) and the sync/connevtion download rate varied from 2xxxish to 5xxxish is this normal during the 10 day period?
Any help/comments appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Hardware Order and Broadband Question

Hi there,
I would expect the Router to be with you in about the next 24-48 hours.  the hardware order isn't delayed as such, but I do wonder why it wasn't actually ordered until the point that it actually was.  I'll raise this internally and see what I can find out.
There shouldn't be any problems associated with switching off your router.  Quite a few people will do this for power saving reasons and such like.
I imagine that your synchronisation drop will be associated with the ten day training period.  Hopefully it should stablise now.
rockintone
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh as always for the prompt response  Cool and answers to my queries.
Hopefully I will get the router soon.
Regards
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just had confirmation that your router has been shipped, so should be with you either today or tomorrow.