cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Delivery and Delay - merged

graffspider

Hardware Delivery and Delay - merged

When can I expect my router to be sent out to me?
My broadband is due to be activated tomorrow (18th) but the router is yet to be despatched. For the last few days it has been at the 'awaiting processing' stage without being sent. How long does it take to process an order? I assumed the router would be here in plenty of time to be able to use the broadband when activated.
33 REPLIES 33
tjd
Grafter

Re: Hardware delivery

I'm almost certain it's next day delivery, at least mine was.
Hope this helps.
graffspider

OK - I've just been sent an email to say my broadband is active. Router order still being processed  Huh
tjd
Grafter

When mine said awaiting processing it came the next day at about 11.
I'd imagine it will be there with you today or early tomorrow.
Hope this helps
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Routers are despatched from a warehouse.
Sometimes the comms between them fouls up - I phoned about my router and
I got two the next day!
Obviously I had to return one - in a prepaid bag I had to request from PN.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

graffspider

Turns out it was a mix-up at the warehouse and one should be despatched for tomorrow.
Really excellent customer service from Bob Pullen / Plusnet - sorted out quickly and even got an SMS message & account credit for the inconvenience. I don't think many (any) other broadband providers would have sorted it out so well / quickly. Cheers  Smiley
coastergrotto
Grafter

That's the beauty of Plusnet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

For the moment.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

dauphin

Hardware delay

I'm in exactly the same position as the OP here, same dates and everything:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75753.0.html
I sent an email support request yesterday afternoon and was told the hardware has been delayed and will be dispatched next week and I should receive it "early" next week.  Not sure how "early" that means, but even if it's dispatched on Monday it obviously can't be before Tuesday.  If it gets any later I will have to change the delivery address as there'll be nobody here to receive it.
Looking back through the forum, this seems to be a bit of a recurrent problem and I can't understand how an otherwise smooth and efficient order process goes wrong on something so simple as getting the hardware out on time.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hardware delay

unfortunately the Wharehouse is not run by PN its another Company
flyboy78
Dabbler

Hardware order

Set for my Value package to activate next Friday (24th), my line is currently in the access of activating when I check the order status, yet an order for my free router is yet to take place. I've noticed a few threads about delays round here, but I just wanted to throw in my own personal account. Hope it all comes in time!
Regards!
tjd
Grafter

Re: Hardware order

I'm almost sure they come next day delivery. "when hardware order moves to the next step, expect it that day or the day after."
Also i'm sure that some helpful soul could speed the process up for you if you ask for it. "Although maybe they don't work on weekends."
Hope this helps, i'd imagine it will be with you soon.
Tj
dauphin

...appointed by Plusnet to send out hardware on their behalf, I presume.  Plusnet's responsibility just the same!
jim:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about the delay, I've just checked and all delayed routers should have been dispatched on Friday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked and the delayed routers should have been dispatched on Friday, they should arrive in the next day or so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.