cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardly any speed on broadband connection.

elkieluca
Grafter

Hardly any speed on broadband connection.

I've finally had the engineer out to fix my phone after 10 days and its fine now but I can't get the broadband back to the 15 mbps it was before the phone fault all I can get is  0.46 download and 1.1 upload.
I've been told to reset the thomson router by putting a pin in the reset button which I did but its made no difference. Can anyone help with this please.
14 REPLIES 14
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Hardly any speed on broadband connection.

I've done a very quick line test and you should be getting a sync of about 15Mbit. I'm hoping bRAS has caught up (it appears OK in my KBD testing). I have updated our side, if you could please drop the connection and re-authenticate, it should be sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
elkieluca
Grafter

Do you mean switch it off then on again .  Sorry it's all getting too much for my old brain  Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@maryf did you get a credit sized card with your router?
It gives details for logging into your router to log of and back on  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you so much plusnettony  I did just switch it off and back on and its back to just under 15mbps!
I was on to the technical people earlier and after 45 minutes of trying to fix it for me he said it couldn't be done and he raised a ticket for it.  So you are a star in my books as I was getting so stressed with it all.  So thank you again.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

No problem.
I see a ticket has been raised on your account to look into this. I'll get it closed off. I'll also look at why this wasn't sorted for you on the phone.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you again and this is why this forum is so important.  I always seem to get more help on here than on the phone to tech. 
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Very glad to see you are all sorted Mary...particularly the phone Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: maryf
I've been told to reset the thomson router by putting a pin in the reset button which I did but its made no difference. Can anyone help with this please.
Mary
Who told you to do that
elkieluca
Grafter

Well when the guy (I won't put his name) couldn't fix it I said that I'd heard that that putting a pin in it worked so he said to go ahead and try it out as it might help.  He also wanted me to unplug the router and take it to the main phone plug in the hall and I said I couldn't do that as it meant kneeling down and I can't so he said it might not get fixed unless I do it.. I was upset as well  because for 20 of those 45 minutes he kept me hanging on with music on the phone while he said he was finding out what to do.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

All I can say is that the staff member who did that needs a major retraining exercise as he or she obviously hasn't a clue
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you Oldjim and Strat  Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: Oldjim
All I can say is that the staff member who did that needs a major retraining exercise as he or she obviously hasn't a clue

I've addressed that via my manager.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Mary,
Good to hear that you are now sorted.

@Mods,
For tidiness merge this thread with Mary's other thread on phone line problem?  If the support agent had taken a joined up view, he'd have realised that this was a post phone line fault issue.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

elkieluca
Grafter

Thanks kevin.  Just to say I did explain the phone line fault to him.  He knew exactly why the broadband had dropped.  But for some reason he was stumped.