cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hamachi users, Help needed

jim306
Grafter

Hamachi users, Help needed

Im trying to create a lan game for my friends to join through hamachi over the net. Other users can browse my shared files through hamachi but when i host or create a server on lan server on any game no one can see it, but i can join servers that others have created. I am using a u.s robotics 9105 router which is behind a n NAT, i have tried forwarding ports and setting my lan ip as a dmz host but still no one can see my servers. However i can join other poples servers so I think its something to do with my router thats blocking me.
any help would be appreciated.
ta
2 REPLIES 2
Firejack
Grafter

Re: Hamachi users, Help needed

Hamachi actually bypasses your Router and Hardware firewall. It creates a direct connection between the machine you are running Hamachi on and the machine you are connecting too. Therefore you don't need to bother with port forwarding or setting your computer in the DMZ.
If you can connect to other games but they can't connect to you then its likely you have a software Firewall running (this may include the Windows one) on your machine that is blocking connections. The Hamachi Network Interface that is created is seen by most software Firewalls as a separate networking device and therefore needs configuring with the ports being opened to allow you to host games.
jim306
Grafter

Re: Hamachi users, Help needed

Hi, cheers for the reply but i have solved it now, i dont have any software firewall running, i changed to an older version of hamachi and its working fine now. Everyone can connect as expected Cheesy