cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halved

Nyxanna
Grafter

Halved

My download used to score 30 Mbps and now it is only getting 18.43 Mbps which is nearly half.
It's been at this speed for quite some time and I was wondering why.
There also does not seem to be an estimated line speed but it definitely was at 30 Mbps before.
Estimated line speed:
    There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
    19.5 Mb
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Halved

Hi Nyxanna,
Your Speed Estimate should now be showing. I've taken a look at your line and have attached the Line Stats so you can see.
It looks to me that your line has started to error for one reason or another (not uncommon). It could be caused by any works being carried out externally, crosstalk or electrical interference internally within your property.
Nyxanna
Grafter

What could be the cause? Nothing has changed inside the property. Can you find out whether there has been any external work done to anything that could have affected my speed?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm not sure what could have caused it, it could have been one thing out of many possibilities.
Checking your number against Planned Engineering Works in your area shows a number of instances where work has been carried out (this happens overnight). Other than that, I don't have an explanation as to what might have caused the issue, I've not got any data to show any road/gas/water works or anything of sort in the area that may have temporarily caused a problem.
When DLM does take action due to temporary works, it can take quite some time for normal speeds to be restored. If your speeds are lower due to increased uptake at the Cabinet, unfortunately there isn't anything we're able to do surrounding that.