cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough of Plusnet's inability to resolve a problem and provide Broadband

topaz

Had enough of Plusnet's inability to resolve a problem and provide Broadband

I have been a customer with Plusnet at my new address since 29/8/13, since this time the service has been down off and on for over a month! The time before this was just before Xmas, the chap at the time seemed to know what he was talking about and reset something on the line to sort the problem, however, a month later and the broadband is down again. Every time I ring, after waiting for at least 40 minutes to get through, they ask me the same questions and I have to do the same stupid tests. The fault is clearly their crappy equipment somewhere along the line and I am sick of not being able to get the service I am paying for. I consider this a clear breach of the contract on their part and want to terminate the contract, does anyone have any knowledge of how I go about doing this?
Last night when I called, after another 40 minute wait, I managed to disconnect the call and hoped the chap would call me back, but no, so now I will have to go through the whole, stressful, waste of time that is the joy of trying to get throughout to Plusnet. NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLUSNET!!!

5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Had enough of Plusnet's inability to resolve a problem and provide Broadband

Could you give some details of the exact problem? Is your router disconnecting/reconnecting all the time? Does it happen for long periods? Are you connected to the master socket?
topaz

Re: Had enough of Plusnet's inability to resolve a problem and provide Broadband

It is trying to connect I believe, no connection for any amount of time to be useful. One of the engineers changed the main socket to a new type which doesn't need a filter. Nothing ever changes before the line goes down. Yesterday, we were out all day and when we got hime it wasn't working, so clearly not anything that anyone in the house is doing.
picbits
Rising Star

I agree, their telephone support wait times are a bit of a nightmare at the moment.
Have you had broadband from any other supplier on the same line previously and what was that like ? If you dial 17070 and do the quiet line test, can you hear any crackling or noise on the line ?
topaz

I've had broadband at a different address but on the same exchange, with no difficulties.
It was plusnet. I had plusnet at a different exchange with no difficulties too.
I tried the quiet line test. It was all quiet 🙂
AndyH
Grafter

Can you log into the router admin page and post the router stats?