cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had Enough! Too Slow

bone
Grafter

Had Enough! Too Slow

I have been trying to get my speed sorted out now since the end of November, although I did have problems before then.
Today my download speed has been as low as 700k.
I have an open ticket since 29th November, I have tried calling but I refuse to spend 15 minutes or longer waiting on the phone for a human answer.
I have been with plusnet since the very first days of force9, I used to resell their products back then. I think it is time to move on though. More than the connection problems it is the lack of support.
Right now I have got that off my chest I'm off to find a new ISP.  Angry
Oh and here is my latest speed test results, just in case people thinking I am moaning for nothing:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 785 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7264 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6000 Kbps
12 REPLIES 12
warmrain
Dabbler

Re: Had Enough! Too Slow

I have had problems as well despite being a long term customer of Plusnet.
I have a steady synch to the exchange at 4500kb/sec or above always.
However every evening, including tonight, my connection seems to be restricted by Plusnet to an incredibly slow rate around 100 to 120 kbit/sec.  I cannot receive any kind of BBC video and I cannot even browse webpages properly.  Juat now, as I write, any of the Plusnet webpages takes about 1/2 to 1 min to load.  At other times of the day it works fine.
I realise there is more contention at "peak times" but this level of service is SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE.  Can someone please look into it and rectify.
Thank you.
bone
Grafter

It gets better, I rang support this morning when it was quieter, the guy told me that it wasn't a priority because I can connect and some people cant get a connection at all, they were really busy so it could take a long time to get around to sorting it.
I put the request in on the 29th of November! How long does it take! I have have had support people trying to fix it from that date but it seems now that it is just too difficult to bother Huh
If they cant ge through the work then get more staff. Angry
Fletch
Grafter

Sorry to here your both having problems, it shouldn't take us this long to follow-up.  I will ask one of the team to get in touch.
Thanks,
Fletch
bone
Grafter

So what is going wrong? I just did another speed test. It isn't very pretty, well it is if you like to see lines going up and down.
bertie123
Dabbler

Sorry you are experiencing problems and please be assured I have got one of my agents looking into this this evening and he will be in touch with you both very soon regarding your problems.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

warmrain - thanks for your time on the phone today, we've now got you on a more appropriate package so you won't hit your usage and see speed restrictions during peak time.
bone - I'm just about to look into your account. Is it too late for a call?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

bone - I don't want to wake up anyone in your house so I've replied to your ticket with where need to go from here.
bone
Grafter

Ben thanks for at least trying to sort it out Smiley
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
bone
Grafter

Well that was last week.
This week the connectionhas been better, although at least 2mbit less than a year ago. I was sent a test router out that took about 5 days to arrive, the letter said to set it up using the included guide, that will be the guide that wasnt included then.
A few more frustrated posts in the help ticket area got me a phone call from a hardware chap telling me I was posting in the wrong area, but he couldnt help me set the hardware up.
I have been told that if BT come out to check the fault then it will cost over £160 if they dont find a fault. So Im still on my router, waiting for contact from the mother ship to tell me how to set the test router up so we can progress.
I did have a message early last week saying the connection looked OK now, the fact that it is slower than it used ot be doesnt seem to count. Sad
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

HI Bone,
I suggest you ring customer services (on the 01 Sheffield number) and speak to someone about getting your router set up..... I had a problem with mine, and they were very helpful, going through the  set up procedure over the phone, while I actually did it....(If you are on BT free evening and weekend calls, then clearly, it will be best to try after 6PM )
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
There's a setup guide for the router here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/t585v7new.shtml
The BT charge for a visit applies if they find a fault that was your responsibility, or no fault at all. You've done what you can so far to prove it's not a fault within your control.
bone
Grafter

Not quite, I havent had this router you sent pugged in. Im just off to read the instructions.
My support ticket is 30990041  started in November last year  Angry