cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

Surfer
Grafter

Re: HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

HarryB wrote:

I'm sorry to say that I will not provide contact details for our CEO, however I can see that you have raised a complaint online and this will be dealt with accordingly.

What strange response refusing to supply contact details for the CEO of your organisation when it is readily available all over the Internet?  Very unhelpful and the OP seems to have a point about hostile Plus Net representatives of which you appear to be one of those!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

I'm sorry you feel that way Surfer, however providing the email address of our CEO is not something we do. A complaint has already been raised by chrispeach1 through the correct channel and will be dealt with accordingly by the appropriate team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

@HarryB wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way Surfer, however providing the email address of our CEO is not something we do. A complaint has already been raised by chrispeach1 through the correct channel and will be dealt with accordingly by the appropriate team.

Is the CEO an "untouchable" whose only interest is collecting a salary at the end of the month?  Why didn't you supply the name and physical address of the CEO as surely that would have been a better option than a rather curt rude reply?  I know it is not my problem but as a long time Plusnet customer I was astounded to read your reply to the OP who hopefully will contact the CEO via snail mail to raise their concerns.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

There will be no undue further delay in arranging for an engineer if necessary.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispeach1
Grafter

- please confirm there will be no delay on the engineer attending - ie I won't have to await another week or so while your supplier books this in

- you still haven't advised on what Openreach think the problem is at the exchange - please clarify

chrispeach1
Grafter

Can you please respond to my message earlier today thanks

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Chris,

please confirm there will be no delay on the engineer attending - ie I won't have to await another week or so while your supplier books this in

Unfortunately we cannot confirm this, though we're doing all we can to ensure you get back up and running ASAP.

you still haven't advised on what Openreach think the problem is at the exchange - please clarify

Pretty much all the information that Openreach send to us, is dictated on the ticket. For transparency, it says this:

Test Result: Fail - Fault located at exchange (Openreach side of MDF) Description: FAULT - Dis in exchange

When calling them, they refuse to give out any further information, probably to avoid setting any further expectations. I can see that my colleague still tried calling for an update, but was turned away.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

1) You have been refusing to chase your supplier until their estimated repair date which is due tomorrow - How can you say you are doing all you can to ensure I am back up and running ASAP?

2) Please clarify why the neighbouring properties adjoining my property (we are in a block of flats belonging to the same building development and therefore the same exchange) are all connected with no issues. For your information they have Sky who like yourselves rent off BT Openreach.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As has been explained - until the designated fix date has been reached BT Openreach will not give any more information on the state of the fault fixing

You haven't perhaps realised that from your phone connection to the exchange is effectively a single pair of wires albeit part of a series of multicore cables (probably a small one from the block of flats to the local junction box then a larger one to the cab and finally a very large one from the cab to the exchange)

Each of these multicore cables have individual wires connected to the appropriate point in the junction box etc. and finally to the main distribution board in the exchange.
It would appear from the fault report that there is a poor or failed connection between your wires and the distribution board in the exchange which wouldn't affect anyone else's line

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Further to OJ's observations, regardless of who you pay for your internet service - Sky, Talk Talk, BT, PlusNet or anyone else - BT Openreach owns and maintains all of the wires, cabinets and connection to the exchange.

Therefore if the is a fault on YOUR LINE switching to another ISP is not going to fix your problem.  BT Openreach does things in their own time - no amount of pressure for any ISP will make them go any faster.  I know this from several experiences of waiting months for BTOR to get their fingers out of their bums!

If they report that they will have this fixed by tomorrow, it's highly likely they might!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like our suppliers updated the fault report this morning advising that they believe they have cleared the fault on your line.

Testing your line is passing and it looks like you now have an active connection.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

Yes internet is now fixed

This is no thanks to you and your terrible service

I spoke to Openreach who confirmed that a simple switch in the cabinet needed switching back on - it was likely that someone had been clumsly and switched it by accident

I have had no internet since Friday due to a simple mistake that clearly could have been fixed earlier

I have been a customer of yours for many years and the service received was shocking and I am thoroughly disappointed

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Well I am sorry you feel that way. I can assure you that we did all we could to get you back online as soon as possible.

@chrispeach1 wrote:

I spoke to Openreach who confirmed that a simple switch in the cabinet needed switching back on - it was likely that someone had been clumsly and switched it by accident

I'm not doubting that, however as I have said multiple times:

@HarryB wrote:
As per my previous response, we cannot simply call Openreach and push your fault right to the top of their workstack.

@chrispeach1 wrote:
that clearly could have been fixed earlier

Had our suppliers had someone immediately available all the time, I'm sure it could have been. But that does not mean we can make them do so. We can't demand Openreach drop everything they are currently working on to fix your fault when other faults can and will have been reported prior to yours Undecided

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

I refer you to the title of this discussion - "Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone"

I appreciate you are saying that you couldn't have chased your supplier and had this fixed any more - as disappointing as your customer it is to hear this I accept it.

However as your customer for several years the method in which your colleagues spoke to me on the telephone was wholly unacceptable and I am thus dissatisfied with your service overall and I will be writing to your CEO.