cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

chrispeach1
Grafter

HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

Haven't had internet since Friday

Everytime I phone staff members seem to be hostile - will not put me through to a manager or provide any assistance other than "we can't do anything as we were waiting for openreach"

Promised a call back on Saturday when I spoke to your staff member Chris - no call back happened.

Requested one today after speaking with another Chris who said [CSA Removed] will ring me in 4 hours - never received a call from anyone.

Engineer visited our address in January as we were having problems with the internet and it hasn't been stable since. 

I am extremely disappointed with your service and the fact that I haven't had the internet since Friday yet my wifi signal works fine and all my neighbours in the same block of flats have internet through sky without any adverse issues.

You keep saying you are waiting on BT Openreach which I understand but what are Openreach going to do to fix it? Why do my neighbours have internet and I do not?

You really are twisting my arm and making me go with another provider like sky.

Can you please provide the contact details for your CEO so I can email him regarding the unhelpfulness of your staff over the telephone.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps removed as per Forum rules

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

28 REPLIES 28
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a fault at the moment and I that you feel our staff seem to be hostile over the phone. I will certainly look in to that and pass feedback on where appropriate.

Looking at your account I can see you contacted us on Saturday and reported the fault to us, at which point we did advise our suppliers had given an estimated response time of 20/04/16. Unfortunately we have not received any early updates on your fault and we would not be able to chase this up until the estimated response time had passed.

I am sorry to say that it is correct that this is not something that we would be able to speed up.

I can also see that a manager call back was arranged yesterday and the manager in question tried to call a few times yesterday.

Although we have said the fault is at the exchange (In line with the information from our suppliers) this doesn't necessarily mean everyone connected to that particular exchange will be experiencing problems, so it is not out of the ordinary for your neighbours services to be unaffected.

I can assure you that we are doing all we can to get your fault investigated and resolved as soon as possible and although I appreciate it is frustrating for you, we do appreciate your patience while our suppliers work to resolve your fault.

I'm sorry to say that I will not provide contact details for our CEO, however I can see that you have raised a complaint online and this will be dealt with accordingly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

Re: HELP - No internet access since Friday - Staff very hostile and unhelpful on the telephone.

Dear Harry

Thank you for replying.

I can assure you no manager has tried to contact me - my phone is on and await a call back.

I will be writing to your CEO as once again you and your colleagues haven't helped at all.

I have been with PlusNet now for several years but since I have moved address I have had nothing but problems and these have been consistent for 3 years.

Your failure to assist has convinced me to terminate your services and go with Sky - like I have said my neighbours live on the same development and their internet works fine.

Kind regards

Chris

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

First of all I'm sorry to see that there's been a recurring fault with your service.

I've had a listen to some of the recent calls relating to this and in all honesty I disagree that the agents you spoke with were hostile in any way, I would say that some were maybe frustrated as what we advised about being unable to pass calls directly to managers and being reliant on Openreach is true.

However this does not mean we don't have responsibilities to follow an escalation process to request a manager to call back and I can see this request was logged on ticket 124112299 and we did try to call you back on two occasions. If you would like me to ask for a further attempt to be made please let me know via PM the best contact number to use and a good time to get in touch.

With regards to Openreach and the status of the fault in hand, the current fault report with them has an estimated response time of 23.59 on the 20th thus implying we should be able to update you on Thursday at the latest. I'll take responsibility of chasing that up and making sure that happens for you.

With regards to taking this further with us as a complaint you would need to follow our complaints process which I can see you have now done and our complaints team will respond to ticket 124127259 soon with regards to that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispeach1
Grafter

Dear Adam

Why are you unable to speak to Openreach and find out what the problem is?

What happens if this is not rectified by tomorrow?

Please ask a manager to contact Harriet my partner on  [Removed]

Your staff were extremely unhelpful on the telephone every time I have called - I even said yesterday have you ever heard the term "the customer is always right" - the reply was "Not in this case".

Kind regards

Chris

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed personal phone number

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's not that we're unable to speak to Openreach, however if they had updates to provide, these would have been updated on the fault. As there are no updates we will be turned back if we call now as we have not allowed them up to the estimated response time they initially provided us (20/04/16 23:59).

If the problem is not rectified tomorrow, we will then be able to contact our suppliers and obtain further updates on Thursday as Adam has advised.

Although I can see where you are coming from with "The customer is always right", it is not correct that we can just call Openreach and push this particular fault right to the front of their workstack, the advice given by advisors over the phone is correct, that the fault is in hand with our suppliers and we cannot fast track this. Although faults are sometimes resolved prior to the estimated response time, this is not something we can guarantee or make our suppliers guarantee.

EDIT: I would also kindly advise that you remove the mobile number from your post as this is a public forum.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

Given your Broadband expertise I would appreciate and expect AT THE VERY LEAST, even considering that I have been your customer for SEVERAL years that you would ring Openreach and find out why and what is happening and if it cannot be fixed by tomorrow then what is the process for repairing this.

As epressed, my neighbours in the short vicinity and same development are with Sky and have no issues with the internet at all - in effect are you saying I just need to terminate your services and go with Sky as you are unable to offer any more help?

On Openreach website it also isn't reporting any problems for my address postcode - NG7 1FG.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per my initial response, although the fault report did return results advising there was a problem at the exchange, this does not mean it is affecting connection from that particular exchange.

It is possible for a fault to affect one line or a small number of lines and not return as a postcode wide fault. It is unfortunate that you are experiencing a fault, however faults can affect connections with any provider and not necessarily affect a neighbouring line with a different provider (Or even the same provider for that matter) at the same time.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

As per my initial request - please provide some assistance on how this can be rectified without just simply passing the book to BT Openreach.

Whilst I agree this fault may be possibly affecting properties elsewhere you haven't provided any confirmation of this - can you please provide assistance on this and advice.

I am extremely disappointed thus far with your responses.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We simply need to allow our suppliers the time to resolve the fault. As much as you may see this as passing the book, I can assure you that we are not delaying a resolution to your fault, it is just not something we cannot get resolved sooner. As per my previous response, we cannot simply call Openreach and push your fault right to the top of their workstack.

For what it's worth, I have called our suppliers and, as expected, I have been told to check back on Thursday after the estimated response time as there are no updates to provide at this moment in time.

In my previous post I was neither confirming or denying that the fault is affecting other lines. This fault could be affecting your line and no one else's. But this could happen to anyone's line and not affect anyone else's line at the same time.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

- Why can this not be resolved sooner? What do BT Openreach think the fault is?

I have difficulty with this as I can connect to wifi fine but have no internet - could it simply be someone has mistakenly switched off my internet at the exchange and it could be a very quick and easy job to rectify that would only take a minute OR is the estimated response time delaying it so much that there is a bigger problem here - please ask them to clarify.

- What I want to avoid here is finding out tomorrow that you need to book an engineer to attend my property and the wait time will be another week or so - please confirm

- I am struggling to understand why there is a fault with my line alone and my neighbours IN THE SAME DEVELOPMENT have no issues or faults with their connection.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The issue can't be resolved sooner as when we report a fault to Openreach we're dependent on their lead time for resolving the issue. This translates to the estimated response time we've mentioned in previous replies and this is determined by the existing workloads of engineers in your area.

The issue has been identified as a fault affecting your line at the exchange, as that line connects directly to your property and your property alone any issues relating to it won't affect your neighbours.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispeach1
Grafter

- can you please confirm that if necessary arranging an engineer to attend will not be delayed

- my neighbours in the same development have no connection issues as they are with SKY

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Absolutely, that's why I'm checking for updates on Thursday so I can make sure the next steps are followed up on without delay.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispeach1
Grafter

Thanks Adam but unfortunately I think you have missed the point here

- Please confirm there will be no undue further delay in arranging for an engineer if necessary (and let's be honest and engineer attending the property is quite likely)