Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradually Sinking Speeds - part 2

mikko
Grafter

Gradually Sinking Speeds - part 2

(From a metronet customer)
I was posting about falling speeds last March (under subject Gadually Sinking Speeds, note misspelling 'gadually').
Speeds contiued to go up and down, mostly down until I recently disconnect the ringer wire from my BT master socket, leavig only terminals 2 and 5 connected for speech. Result was a dramatic increse tin sync rate to 6 Mbps from about 3 Mbps with BT line profile at 5 Mbps. There are obviously some noise issues as there's been a recent drop in speeds of around 1 Mbps, sometimes more.
The main problem is probably that my internal wiring is not 'twisted pair' and so is unbalanced, picking up stray EMF interference (I connect to an upstairs exrtension, then via a 6m long cable from room to room).
Being on Metronet, I don't think I can get line noise readings. Am i correct?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Gradually Sinking Speeds - part 2

You can usually get them from your router - this tells you how http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
mikko
Grafter

Thanks for the info, but I have a Fujitsu FDX340 USB modem (only FDX310 is listed on the Kitz site). So the only 'stats' given are those shown on the screen shots attached.
Cheers,
miiko
Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case the only option as fas as I know is to raise a ticket asking for a whoosh test to be done