cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradual Fibre Slowdown

AndyHamp
Grafter

Gradual Fibre Slowdown

Over the last couple of years my Fibre has been gradually getting slower (seems a common complain). The service seems to be solid with very few drop outs that I can't attribute to power custs/router reboots etc.
but my download speed has been gradually getting slower. I thought it was in the low 60's Mb when first installed but now we are down to 36-40 Mb measured via speedtest.net.
Have other people experienced the same ? I see from the estimated speed on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed it says that the estimated speed is 59Mb but the current is 48Mb. Looking at the BT test site i see my IP profile has dropped to 48.1Mb.
Looking at my Samknows data, six months ago i was getting 52Mb but now it's down to 41.
Why is my services continuously being downgraded ? Where does this stop ? At this rate in 2 years ADSL2 would be quicker ...
4 REPLIES 4
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Gradual Fibre Slowdown

I recently had the same problem. PN kindly requested a DLM reset but this made no difference. Fortunately the BTOR engineer who did the reset called round to see if it had worked. Because it hadn't he kindly changed both the master socket & the modem, although they were only 18 months old.
I'm now receiving better than ever speeds so I suggest you try the same approach.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi AndyHamp,
Your line is connecting at quite a lower rate than we would expect in comparison to your speed estimate. The line has a few errors on it which may be contributing to the decrease in speeds.
If you could visit http://faults.plus.net and completed the Fault Checker, our Faults Team will investigate this further for you.
AndyHamp
Grafter

Chris,
Done .... Will you link this post to the fault i have raised ?
Andy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Andy,
I've added an on the ticket which you should be able to see too.