cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new a Fibre connection today BUT disappointed

Strike
Dabbler

Got new a Fibre connection today BUT disappointed

Unlimited Fibre Broadband installed today but I am only getting 37 Mbps Download and 8 Mbps Upload.
When I signed up with Plusnet, it say I will get 72.3Mb download and 20.0Mb upload
I am very disappointed with BT Engineering, I relies he done really poor job with the white cables on the skirting board - he pin the cable at the bottom of skirting board between the carpet!  He also put the cable under the door (corner) to go through the next room but the cable very squeezed now when the door is closed.
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Got new a Fibre connection today BUT disappointed

Hi Strike,
Your line was provisioned on the wrong problem due to a problem that we had that has now been resolved, I have placed a modify order to move you over to the correct product which will see your speeds increase tomorrow.
Then engineer will have fitted this the way he deems best,  I would have mentioned it to the engineer at that point if you'd have preferred an alternative router/way.
Strike
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Strike,
Your line was provisioned on the wrong problem due to a problem that we had that has now been resolved, I have placed a modify order to move you over to the correct product which will see your speeds increase tomorrow.

Thank you!
Then engineer will have fitted this the way he deems best,  I would have mentioned it to the engineer at that point if you'd have preferred an alternative router/way.

Engineer was rushing to get it done quick.  He pin the cable on top of the skirting board on the stair but upstairs he pin the cable at the bottom of the skirting board which make no sense!  Now it will be difficult to hover the carpet as it will hit the cable.
Strike
Dabbler

Look like I am on the  right profile now Smiley

Could you let me know if download/upload can be improved a little further?
flamazine
Dabbler

Blood out of a stone? Tongue
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to see your speeds have improved, You may see slight improvements at different times of the day but your pretty much at the max.
DrDave
Grafter

Jeeez.....some people just aren't ever happy, are they?? Got a 73/16 connection and want better still!!  Cheesy
pengbo
Grafter

that did occur to me too Dave. If someone had told me they were the speeds I would get I would be dancing down the street.