Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Upgrade..no tinternet?

Loon
Grafter

Got Upgrade..no tinternet?

Hi
Well as it says I got upgraded on friday and ever since then I have been unable to connect to the tinternet  Cry .
Every time I try the internet from any device I keep getting redirected to this address    194.74.65.98 . Which according to one of the replies I have open on a ticket is  the digital demo homepage at the exchange test server.
After much huffing and puffing from support, first off blaming my BT Homehub this matter is still unresolved. I was just wondering if anybody here has any idea how this could be solved?
If anybody want to take a look the ticket number is ID: 31074073 .
Regards
Rob
30 REPLIES 30
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Got Upgrade..no tinternet?

Strange, when we perform a line check it's showing the username your router is sending out as XXXXXX@HG28.BTCLICK.COM which obviously isn't correct.
Can you make sure this is updated to username@plusdsl.net and try manually setting the DNS servers to 212.159.6.9 and 212.159.6.10
What are the other routers you've tested with as they shouldn't all be sending that username, unless of course they are all Homehubs.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Loon
Grafter

Hi Chris thanks for the quick reply.
At the mo I have the router you supplied 2100 or something like that. I have tried 3 all come back the same.
Oh and all have worked in the past  Smiley
I can confirm the account details are correct.
DNS is where I was putting my money as the dns server address on the router is 194.74.65.98 for primary and secondary.
I can try the ones you have mentioned, which are different from the ones I was given last night to try.
Regards
Rob
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris
Strange, when we perform a line check it's showing the username your router is sending out as XXXXXX@HG28.BTCLICK.COM which obviously isn't correct.

As it was working previously and the user is sure the login details are correct, what's the betting some idiot BT engineer has got wires crossed in the exchange and somewhere there is a BTclick user having similar problems?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Loon
Grafter

Before I start to go off on one  here (as in my opinion I am getting passed from pillar to post , but nobody appears to actually be doing anything!)
Could somebody please explain the significance of the 172 IP address that seemed to be so important last night?
If so important why was this not looked at earlier, or is it just a case that you don't support BT Home Hubs so you blame that? And for the record yet again, it had been working for 9 months with no trouble. 
Starting to loose my rag
Rob
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Could somebody please explain the significance of the 172 IP address that seemed to be so important last night?

Some of these other posts might help to explain.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79437.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78317.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76537.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76791.0.html
Ah , I see you already spotted at least one of them...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Loon
Grafter

Yes I did thanks.
Can somebody from Plusnet now come on to explain how much longer I am going to be without the servce and how much of a rebate I am going to get?
Thanks
Rob
Loon
Grafter

HELLO Angry
Feel free to join in at any point!
Mand
Grafter

We're about to raise the fault to BT, there's clearly an issue there.
Loon
Grafter

So do we have any news today?
And please don't say it could take up to 72 hrs to check........you have already had 120+  Sad
Rob
Mand
Grafter

BT cleared it as 'no fault found', we've refuted that, and passed the fault back to them.
Loon
Grafter

Has anybody actually checked to see if it is my router you are looking at?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Mand/Loon
Mand is seeing login attempts with the wrong username. Loon is sure he is using the correct one.
Could Mand give Loon the times at which she is seeing the connection attempts to see if they correspond to when Loon is trying, or if she is seeing continuous attempts, could you agree a 2 hour period between you when Loon will turn the router completely off and she see if the attempts continue during that period?
It strikes me that is the best way to confirm if BT have connected the ADSL to the correct telephone.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Loon
Grafter

Well if in doubt google.
Not too much luck but the last post in this one seems to have a bit of info that techies might find useful.
http://beta.bt.com/bta/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=11641
Rob
Mand
Grafter

We're still looking at this as a fault, I'm 99% sure it's an exchange issue TBH.
Just out of interest have you tried a factory reset on the router? Have you had the router(s) working on other lines recently?